Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will any other motor fit into the 2005-2006 ZX636 bike? I was wondering if there is a bigger motor that will bolt up with little hassle. Anyone know of any? Please help!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I spun a bearing because the dealership i bought the bike from failed to mention that they never looked at the motor before selling it to me or to anyone, so if you buy a bike from Britt's Motor Sports in Wilmington, make sure you see them actually do the inspection before you sign the paper work. but yes, i have a 2006 636 and no the last year the made the ZX636C motorcycle was 2006. trust me, I did my homework. and Looking for an engine to replace this one is ****in impossible! I have found many, but most of them are high miles. I spun the bearing on the fifth rod and now that is broke, and umungst other things, the oil filter was not installed when it was sold to me, so the oil light always came on. my first bike, my mistake i guess. but now i am having to pay the price. the part number that was not there when we opened the engine last friday night was 49065 on bikebandit.com. yeah, so if you know of anyone that has a motor sitting around and has some what of low miles on it, let me know. kind of need a motor.

·
MaNaMaNa DoDoDoDoDo
4,767 Posts
No OIL filter????? So, the motor should have burned up within 5 minutes of leaving said dealership. And do a search on motorcycle salvage. There has to be some one out there that has one

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
See, I have looked and the only motors that I have found are the ones that have like 11000 miles on it. the motor only had 8000 on it when it decided to blow. so i am still looking. the rod and valve are broke and bent, and im lucky to still have my bike right now. but like i said, i am looking for a motor.

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,842 Posts
Well you didn't mention a price range but you must not be looking in the right places. In less than 5 min I found 1 with 5200 mi and another with less mi that was going to be sold complete but he has now decided to part out the engine. And why wouldn't you just rebuild what you have for less than a complete engine?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Where did you find said motors at, and it would take me more money and time that i don't have to replace everything that is now wrong with the motor then getting a new different one. and it has to be able to be shipped to South Carolina. I am in the Army and I am having my brother in law work on it with my money and i need anything that i buy to be sent there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts