Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I started up my ZX-9 (97), it idles fine while I put my gear on. As I attempted to pull out, it died. Tried several more times, same thing. Everything thing is normal until I start to let off the clutch and pull away. Just dies.
It was fine this weekend when I went to get gas after washing it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll lay $ to doughnuts he won't admit that was the problem Mike if it was :rolleyes:

That should get a rise :wink:
fine fine
I will respond if when I get home, ensure the kick stand is up, and it works correctly. And yes, I will feel as dumb as I should.

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,842 Posts
Ah, it's not like it hasn't happened to most of us at one time or another, so it's no big deal. I'll admit that I've driven off with my stand down because mine doesn't have a switch on it to kill the engine.:biggrin:

I just imagine if we started a poll thread you'd find a lot of people will admit to being distracted by something or someone and forgetting it before. :wink:

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Ah, it's not like it hasn't happened to most of us at one time or another, so it's no big deal. I'll admit that I've driven off with my stand down because mine doesn't have a switch on it to kill the engine.:biggrin:
:eek: How was that first left turn? I did this once on a bicycle and all I can say is I'm glad my bikes have had a kickstand switch ;)

·
The Cruising Gunsmith
1,459 Posts
:eek: How was that first left turn?
Definitely gets your heart started.... and on mine, the WHACK to the stand usually leaves it kind of floppy loose in the frame joint from the imapct until I take it off and squeeze the thing back together a bit.

I mean.... that's what I would think would have happened if I had ever done anything that dumb.

·
Solar Panel Charged
614 Posts
I bet that happens to mine at least once a week. Every time I bend over to see what's gone wrong, I'll push that stupid kickstand out of the way for a better view and all is well.
I just can't figure it out. Must be a loose wire. :D :D :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts