Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all. I'm looking for a set of engine guard chaps that will fit the OEM crash bars for my 08 900LT.

I can find several for after market bars, but not oem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link! I bookmarked the sight, they really have a lot of leather accessories for the vulcan and seem to be reasonably priced.

I was originally looking for chaps made out of marine grade vinyl. Just for durability and ease of maintenance. I ride to work 7+ months of the year and it's not uncommon to get caught in rain on the ride home.

How well have yours held up? What kind of things do/use to clean/treat?

·
Registered
858 Posts
Engine Guard

I just purchased the Lindy Multibar for the LT ($239 incl S&H). Fits perfect, looks nice.

·
Patriot Guard Rider
967 Posts
Mine still look very good and haven't had any issues with them at all. I have used the "Buffalo Butter" from Chilhowee and some other leather cleaner/conditioners. Usually try to treat them every 3 or 4 months along with my tank bib and saddlebags.

Charles

·
Enjoy the journey!
1,306 Posts
+1000 on the Airlites, Easy on and good fit. I have Cobra bars on my Vn900LT, but they have chaps to fit a lot on applications

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looking at the Talisman website they have a pair of engine guard chaps listed as Vulcan 900/1500/1600 as a single product. Does anyone know if the engine guards for these models are basically the same size?

OhSteelerfan - you mention you have the Airlites on your 900LT, They don't have chaps listed for the 900LT OEM engine guard, only the cobra. Do you have the OEM guard? If so, did you get the ones list for the 1600 instead?

Thanks!

·
Enjoy the journey!
1,306 Posts
+1 on the Airlites. Have them on my 900Lt and they work great.
+1000 I have them on my VN900 LT as well. thou I have Cobra bars, I just told them what I had and they fit loke a good glove.

I would buy them again in a heart beat! Really top quality!!

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
+1000 I have them on my VN900 LT as well. thou I have Cobra bars, I just told them what I had and they fit loke a good glove.

I would buy them again in a heart beat! Really top quality!!

I bought the Airlites this past fall for my V2K and they not only helped keep the cold air off my legs this winter, but they protected the engine from getting dirty going through all the puddles. I would not want to be without them.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Looking at the Talisman website they have a pair of engine guard chaps listed as Vulcan 900/1500/1600 as a single product. Does anyone know if the engine guards for these models are basically the same size?

OhSteelerfan - you mention you have the Airlites on your 900LT, They don't have chaps listed for the 900LT OEM engine guard, only the cobra. Do you have the OEM guard? If so, did you get the ones list for the 1600 instead?

Thanks!
Yes I do have the cobra bars. I would just email them and ask if the chaps would work with the oem bar.

·
Registered
75 Posts
We made ours..I do leather work and studding as you can see in the picture.I still have the templet and have made a few set for friends but the templet is for my bike..a 97 1500 classic..If your crash bar is the same I can set you up.But either way there a good invest ment for both looks and cold morning rides..i never take mine off.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts