Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd give a shout out to the forum dwellers here. Have been doing google searches on Vulcans and this site comes up over and over.

I've been riding for 5 years -- a Honda Magna and one sport touring bike, a Yamaha FZ1. Today I traded in my FZ1 for a mint 2000 Vulcan 1500 Classic with 6K miles. I fell in love. Stock bike except for a Mustang seat, running lights, windscreen and hard bags. Looking forward to many miles and safe journeys.

I'm just a bit nervous about the transition from lighter, 750-1000 cc bikes weighing in at 500 pounds, to the 1500cc 700 pound Vulcan, but looking forward to the learning curve. Any suggestions on books, links, or general hints and tips to make the rides a safer one, please feel free to reply. Thanks in advance. Cheers! :D

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

welcome ken!

well now you've done it - there goes the bank account :lol:
there are several 1500 riders here who are well versed with that bike
and i'm sure they will help you out with any questions. the 1500 is a great bike with a long history of good service,and so many goodies to bolt on it
you might need a second job :lol: as far as the weight goes,you prolly
won't notice too much difference except at very slow speeds as the bike is so well balanced,handling is very good.i would suggest practicing some very
slow speed turns to get a feel for the weight

what kind of hard bags are on it? and feel free to ask away,another vulcan rider is always welcome here :wink:

oh-and this link will tell you pretty much everthing:

http://www.gadgetjq.com/gadgetsfixitpage.htm

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome, and the information, bikeaholic. :D

I'm off to pick it up in a few hours, and spend the day riding. I don't recall what bags were on it, but they were painted in the three colors -- red, beige, black -- to perfectly match the bike. I'll let you know when I return, and post a pic or two also 8)

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
yeah! welcome Ken, glad to have you onboard. I ride an'04 1500 and have never found the weight to be an issue. Once I get it rolling it balances itself out and becomes light.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What a dream. So comfy :) Took a 50 mile ride home along the south shore of Lake Ontario and it was awesome. Really looking forward to many, many miles on this bike!

Here's a picture. I think the bags are from National (?)

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
Nice Ride! :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Beautiful bike! I've thoroughly enjoyed my various Kawasaki bikes I've had through the years. Currently I have a 1500 Mean Streak. I think you'll have lots of great and memorable rides.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

very nice!! get her out on the highway :wink:

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Confirmed that the bags are from National Cycle. They look great and are deep enough to hold a ton of stuff. The wife can't wait to get away for a weekend, and I'm happy to oblige her :)

After getting home yesterday, I noticed a warning sticker inside the right bag -- "Warning: Do not surpass 80 MPH with bags attached." Too late.. :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts