Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

That would really suck. I'd like to get a tattoo in the near future. Has anyone ever had this happen or knew someone that this happened to?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Don't quite get it? Is that a poster for divorce??? Like a before and after the "I do"

Robb

·
Riding daily
4,688 Posts
That suck for that guy. If your going to get a realistic tat, make sure you find a good artist!

·
Taste better comin up!
453 Posts
my girlfriends cousins boyfriend has prison tats all over him. its so hilarious everytime i see the guy. he looks like he passed out in a kindergarden class room and they drew all over him LOL

·
The Bassman Rocketh
25,244 Posts
That's exactly why I'd never get a tat of a face... at least not one that is supposed to look like a specific someone close to you.

·
Registered
491 Posts
That guy probably shopped around to see who would do it for the cheapest price and got his moneys worth.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
That guy probably shopped around to see who would do it for the cheapest price and got his moneys worth.
+10,000

A good portrait will run 3-4x what regular work will cost you.
He either found someone willing to do it for $100/hr, or it's the work of a friend of a friend.

·
Missy Peregrym's #1 fan!
7,792 Posts
yep you definitely get what you pay for with tattoos maybe more then anything else in life. I have a portrait on my arm which actually looks pretty darn close to the picture. I also have some other flash kind of stuff that turned out well too, all from the same guy.

My first tattoo is a different story, It's not very big thankfully but i had just turned 18 and went to where i could afford... lesson learned. They guy did it TWICE, and both times the black ink turned to blue in a few months. Which according to my guy who has done all the other ones (once i might add), means it was cheap ink.

Also the first one hurt way more then any other of my other ones and it should have (by location, size and amount of shading) hurt the least. I have one on the front side of my arm going towards my armpit and that didnt hurt as much as the first one which is where u see most tattoos... on the arm towards the top.

·
Devils Reject
773 Posts
+10,000

A good portrait will run 3-4x what regular work will cost you.
He either found someone willing to do it for $100/hr, or it's the work of a friend of a friend.
not quite true!!! i know a few artists in the socal area that throw down awesome portraits & their hourly rate is $100-125/hr. this dude lookls like he got it from a buddy in a garage!! my advice would be to never get a portrait from someone who doesnt have a minimum of 10-15 well executed portraits in their portfolio!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts