Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use the standard make of tyres for the ER5 but find the back tyre tends to lock up very easy in wet conditions can anyone rec another brand of tyre/ size.. ( this the tyre that comes with a new bike)

·
Registered
10 Posts
The Bridgestone BT45 is the choice of many as it has a good mix of grip and longevity. But you might have the bane of ER5s and that's the rear drum going oval. If that happens you might notice fluctuation in the rear pedal movement, but worse is that the rear brake grabs, which will cause the skids you mention. The best bet is to check the drum is still properly round by putting your bike on the centre stand, starting it and selecting first gear, then with your hand, slowly operate the rear brake. If you feel amy pulsing or the pedal moves up and down then you'll either need to get the drum skimmed, or buy a replacement good wheel. And right now they are getting hard to locate..

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yup Bridgestone BT45 would be a good set of tire for your bike, but a pal of mine tried Shinko which he bought from 4wheelonline, he said its cheaper and can compete with other known brands.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Avon has been my choice for the past 10 years.
The AM26 Roadrider may peek your interest, good wearing tire and it offers good feedback.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts