Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know why I get this error any time I try to create a new thread with a (small) picture attached? Doesn't matter which pic I choose. If I leave pics off it doesn't happen. Thanx...

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 72 bytes) in /home/kawasaki/public_html/forum/includes/functions_search.php on line 197

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
each user is only allowed a certain amount of space to attach photos, as the files are kept on the forum's server.

you should be able to see all your attachments somewhere in your member's section and delete older attachements to make room for new ones.
Go to "User CP" , then in the colum on the left, at the bottom, there'll be a button for "attachments".
Click that and you can delete old attachments, but be aware that they will disappear from the thread you posted them in.
(hence why in old threads you see empty posts from people talking about a picture which isn't there anymore)

Failing that, just get a photobucket account and upload your photos there.
then you can post as many pictures as you want using the
code

...maybe?

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Steve,
Yeah, I checked my attachment usage and I was way under the limit. I guess I'll do the photo bucket thing. The only bad thing about that is that our corporate security policy blocks access to that site so I can never see images from work. Perhaps a subtle hint that I should keep my ar$e focused on work. ;)

Thanx...

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
It happens to me occasionally as well, and I'm not sure why. I'll fire it by the Admins and see what they say.

It seems that when it happens to me, it's a time out type issue. Where the post and picture can't upload in a required time....or sumthin like that.

I've had the issue, then removed the picture, posted the comments ok..then edited and added the picture without any further issues.

Wierd though.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I could be wrong, but I think if I post the pic to another site like Photobucket and then link to it there's a better chance of success. If I try to upload directly from my computer so that it's stored on BTK's server, even though I have plenty of space left, it will error off. Unless I reply or edit like Trikebubble says.

·
Lets Ride 08 900 Custom
852 Posts
All my pics are hosted on photobucket too, and I still got the error. I will try something else.

Nope didn't work, I was going to try to just put the text up and post the pics as a reply. I cant even post the text without the error message, was only about 140 words.

·
KawiLove
2,933 Posts
I have no attachments in my user thingie, and I'm having the same problem. Been having it for over a week actually. Very frustrating.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.