Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, So what's with the different styles (fonts) of do-da on the Kawasaki bikes? KAWASAKI in bold looks great then you have (i.e.) ZX 6R in another font, then if you look at a wierd angle up under the front turn signal at a terrible angle ont even parallel to the ground or diagonal the name NINJA is hiding under there in yet another font. Continuity is nice but camoflauge in advertisemant is not kind especially to what ever brand and model bike it is that you are trying to sell. Maybe Two fonts, even different sizes would work better. AND WHY not use the greatest place for advertisement, like the bellypan...You have a bile leaned over and everybody is already going "WOW" and you have their attention...why not use it to your advantage? The Gold on Green looks awesome and the very first thing that I would do "if I owned a ZX 6R / ZX 6 RR would be to take a hairdryer to the decal and replace it ABOVE the turn signalsjust as they flow up from the seam upwards to the lip, so that they are under it for staying out of the direct sunlight and not getting "sun-burnt". While you are at it get someone from the lunch area or take a poll and figure out something better for the license plate, turnsignal, brake setup, like LED's around the plate for running and braking and the sides for turnsignals...something a lot mmore eye-candy than a bunch of "stuff" hanging down from the rear of the bike...looking like a drag chute or anchor. I'm for aerodynamic/LED aftermarket turnsignals replacing the "dumb-bell" look that is currently on the bikes. LED's are safer, brighter and last way longer...take up less space, draw less current...and then add an option in accessories of skids for protection of the bike in case of...just in case... Just so you know, I still draw stick men and women...I'm not an artist, but I know what looks good o a bike. Get the geeks out of the backroom and off of the computers and go outside get some real air, d SEE what I'm talking about... And what's with the baskin robbins 31 colors...Henry ford said they can have it in any color as long as they want it in black...So squeeze the public...green or blue one year, green or black another, red or green another...GREEN, GREEN,,,C'mon, it has to be cheaper... Besides I still haven't heard back from Joey on why the only 16" aluminum wheels made are only for the NINJA 250R...What a waste...C'mon guys use the 17" wheels and save THOUSANDS of dollars...you don't have to be a genious...or pinch pennies...just conserve a little, listen to some of the public, some of the time, and use the forum for a true testing base of what you need, don't need, future and past parts, maybe even replacement motors or transmissions to keep the OLD ones on teh road longer than anyone elses brand...the forum is a tool only if you use it...so use it...and you could learn some valuable things from it. Some of us poor guys have benificial suggestions that you could authorize a factory discount letter to so that the dealer makes a fair profit dn you have the knowledge that you did the right thing...for the right reasons...we need more Kawasaki Dealers, racers, and support groups even riding groups so that we not only credit KAWASAKI, but are given credit...It works for HD...do work shops on how to tune wheels change out things torque requirements and how to torque properly...how to adjust or bleed your brakes...how to test your bike for several things,,,how much pressure for each bike compaired to each riders weight even adding on a second rider in some cases...the difference in tire ratings...the list goes on and on...get the HUNGRY salesmen out of the way when a customer walkes into a shop an not have them follow you around like your'e going to steal one of their precious machines off of a pedistal and drive it through aluminum and glass doors...CALL EM' OFF! Have mechanics wear lab coats so that their uniform doesn't look like it has NEVER been washed...and get the salesmen to wear jeans and tshirt or flannel shirts instead of whiteshirts ties and loafers...C'MON!

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Improving quality and cutting cost

Yeah, getting out the laundry is refreshing sometimes...hopefully if the right people see it and there is response from the forum that supports it. Kawi, Joey and the "BIG KIDS' that have influence CAN change things, and in hte process save Kawasaki THOUSANDS of dollars and that mens less money for the same bikes for us. The engineers build it then everyone else wants their piece of the action and makes something truely beautiful into an advertisement of 3 or 4 diferent fonts and it really detracts from the beauty of the machine. My 1972 Chevy P/u has been from Kansas, to Tennessee, where I bought a brand new 35'8" Jayco RV. I did the tuneup with am Craftsman dwell meter, tach, multi center timing unit and the timing and carb was right on the money. at 16,800 pounds, I let there and went to S. California, for 3 years and even out over the mountains several times to the desert, and up the coast to Oregon for vacation...( I was in the Navy so I used it as my Primary Residence.) then from there back to Tennessee for further advanced aviation electronics, then on to Rhode Island, back to tenessee, then back to Virginia, then across the country to Washington, then back to Kansas because I was transfered to Adak, Alaska, tehn on to Ford Island Pearl Harbor, HI. so the truck was tuned up everywhere that I went, and it was a carb setup that fortunately needed minor tuning wnly when doing the transitions through the mountain ranges, then back to sea level changes. The electronic ignition did it's part very well, but teh carb needed to be tweeked, I think that motorcycles with the computers on them do a great job, but they are set up at teh factory for Joe Consumer, not knowing whether the bike is going to be driven/ridden very hard or just pampered. Once it is determined who the primary rider is it could be taken to a dealer and have the ELU/cpu reset for the type of riding habits that it is being used for. making for a better setup, and happier customer. This is available, just not happening for the most part...unless you are into racing and or you pay an extra fee and the dealer has the equipment and trained personnel to do so. It makes a big difference, and the customer is ultimately happeir. Get rid of the 3 or 4 fonts, the psycho colors (each one has to be set up) make only 2 colors each year, and put safer tires on the bikes...save money and have happier longer living customers. Yeah, I'm long winded...but I don't think that we, the customer are getting our fair share of the ear///control when it comes back to feedback of the product to the factory...

·
Registered
456 Posts
I'm sure Kawasaki considers a lot of those things every year when they talk about changes to the Ninja. I couldn't agree more about the font thing. I do a fair amount of desktop publishing, and one of the guidelines is two fonts, no more. Use bold, italics, or underline, but not more than two fonts. And 17" wheels would be nice, too.

But as for colors, I wish Kawasaki didn't listen to you. I think they only make the Ninja in three colors every year. The colors vary from year to year. But I'm in my midlife crisis and wanted a red motorcycle. Not green, not blue, not yellow. Red. So I couldn't buy a new one. I had to buy a 2001 instead. So Kawasaki lost a sale of a new bike because they didn't have the color I wanted. Is that a terrible reason to chose a bike? Yes. Does it mean I'm shallow? Yes. But if they had red last year, I would have bought it, and they would have made three grand. It's worth it for them to spend an extra fifty bucks if they can reel in some extra customers.

Curt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts