Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a kawasaki ninja 250r about 2200 miles on it 2004. Broke it in properly and i'm looking to get more speed. Right now if conditions are right I can do 100-110 tops.

What do I need to change to get more speed say 140-150 mph. Please name all parts and estimated costs. I have a friend who will install everything for me for free. :biggrin:

·
Taste better comin up!
453 Posts
i dont know if 150 is possible but maybe 125 or so. youll problably want to change both stock sprockets for sure. filter pods...

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
LOL Your 250 isn't going to be going anywhere near 150 mph. Sorry.

If you need to be going those speeds (you don't btw) look into a 650R. Even the 500R tops out at 130 indicated.

A 500 with some crazy gear changing might get it up to 140/150 but you'd have to slip the **** out of the clutch at a stop light.

If it was possible to get a 250 to go 140 mph the bike would be unrideable from a standing start.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok I appreciate the help guys. I might just save up and buy a car or a faster bike that way I don't gotta go through the hastle.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Ok I appreciate the help guys. I might just save up and buy a car or a faster bike that way I don't gotta go through the hastle.

Again I'm not seeing why you have to be going faster than 100 mph as a new rider.

My vulcan 500 topped out at 105 and I got along fine with it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just wanted to go faster but now that I think about it you're right. My bike is fine the way it is and better safe than sorry. I did take a course and it payed off in the end because I avoided an accident the other day. Wasn't going fast at all but there was a lot of stop and go traffic. Thanks for reminding me to stay safe :).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts