Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if there r companys that make ex500 fairing that r more full like how 600's r and even 250's have a more full affect to them :? . id like to fill the gap between the lower fairing and front wheel alittle and maybe around the headlight if possible.

thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
yeah targa makes a good looking full fairing for the 500, just go to targa-acc.com to check them out. Airtech Streamling makes some as well, those I believe are at the Lockhart Phillips site

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sample Pictures

Heres the full fairing kit from Targa and the middle panel version from Streetfighters USA, just click on the attachments to check out either kit.
The Targa website is Here.And here is the Streetfighters website

·
Registered
110 Posts
Wow - gotta love that full fairing. You've just added the targa cowling to my already-too-large todo list... Now how to justify the cost... just under $500 is pretty steep! :neutral:

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow that makes the 500r look alot meaner, is just under $500 painted? if so i think im going to do that next week.

·
Registered
408 Posts
NinjaRider500R said:
Heres the full fairing kit from Targa
Whoa! That full fairing kit is sweet!

I tried finding it on the Targa website, but couldn't locate a photo. How did you get that photo?

·
Registered
110 Posts
The actual picture they posted was either for a candy blue cowling for a 2000 model or for the 2005 model - for some odd reason they don't have pictures for Galaxy silver - curses!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its looking to be a good thing i got a black bike. $415 basically itsnt too much either.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dam 2 days later and im still saying wow to that fairing. its a definate must for me next month or so and its mine.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Yell at Freakinout and tell him to repost his bike. He has one on his.

·
Registered
4 Posts
2000?

I didn't see any of those made for the 2000 Ex. But if the bike is as unchanged as it has been, would the 2005 fairing fit on a 2000? Because that blue would fit perfectly with mine. $415 is a bit steep though.

·
Registered
61 Posts
so has anyone ordered this part yet? im thinking about it but just cant justify it yet until i see it on someones bike to make sure your getting what the picture shows because the 250 look is sweet.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Can someone explain the whole streetfighter bike thing? It really doesn't make any sense.
Streetfighters are the sportbike worlds version of a chopper, its a bike custom made (or sometimes custom wrecked) into a different styling, and most people who are making streetfighters are doing it to show part of thier personality on the bike.

·
Addicted to riding…
1,892 Posts
I didn't see any of those made for the 2000 Ex. But if the bike is as unchanged as it has been, would the 2005 fairing fit on a 2000? Because that blue would fit perfectly with mine. $415 is a bit steep though.
The 2005 fairing will definitely fit on the 2000 model. The EX500 changed slightly in, I think, 1994, so anything after that has interchangeable parts, including fairings.

See my avatar (tiny, I know) for the full Targa fairing on the EX500.

Also, there is an eBay store that sells the Targa fairings for a good price. There's also a California company named Pyramid Plastics that makes a full lower fairing for the 500. There's another thread here somewhere that has their contact info.

·
Registered
1 Posts
so maybe i completely stupid but im tool looking for the full lower fairing but whe i go to the targa website i cant find can any one post the lonk or direct me there lol i already know im stupid so just help me please

·
Addicted to riding…
1,892 Posts
Targa seems to no longer make this fairing for the EX500.

However, a company in California called Pyramid Plastics was making them a year ago. A friend of mine bought one. Check that out.

You might check with Airtech and see if they have a mid-section to join the upper and lower fairings.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts