Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I just recently purchased an '01 EX500. I am planning to do the fender eliminator mod by myself (cutting off excess fender and relocating the license plate). However, I also want to add flush mount signals.

My concerns are though.....how visible are the flush mounts? Are they bright enough?

Furthermore..which ones to get? There appear to be none that are specifically made for certain models.....instead they look generic. How do they fit then? Are they truly flush?

I know someone used the Phillips Lockhart Type I flush mounts for the rear...what about the front?

Thanks in advance....and YES....I did search :grin:

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Take a look at my thread in the 'Show off your ride' Forum. I have two different kinds of LP flushmounts on her. The front ones are super visible if you don't put them where the stock lights are. I put them below on the faux scoop. All in all, they work good. The only tricky part is the wiring, sometimes they can be a bit short, and the plugs require you to widen the stock ones. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I checked out your thread. So basically you just left the hole open where the stock signals went? Then you had to drill a hole to pass the wires through for the new flush mounts?

Also....what do you mean about "widening the stock plugs?"

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
The stock turn signals use Barrel plugs,and the female ends on the bike are too narrow for the male barrel ends on the LP signals.
To mount the front signals, I drilled 3 holes in my fairing for each, two to mount it, and one for the wiring. And I'm getting a set of gaskets custom cut to fit in the hole from the stock mounts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts