Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I got a 94 ex500 and this morning when I put fuel in it, I rode about 5 miles and had to pull off because it felt like it was starving for gas. This is not the first time it has happened. I pull off and let it sit and idle for a minute or so and the problem is gone. I finished my trip without another hiccup. I know there is no leaks in the fuel lines, and yes, the gas was turned on. Do you guys think vacuum problem or the filter is clogged. Thanks in advance for help..

Sam

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
make sure your VENT LINES are clear/not pinched on the tank,carbs. make sure the vent on your gas cap is clear. make sure the vent lines are NOT HANGING down too far into the air stream under the bike. make sure you dont have a hole in the rubber line going to the petcock also :wink:

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Check your vaccum lines, you might even wanna replace them (they are dirt cheap). Check the mesh filter in the gas tank and you might have to look into rebuilding your petcock. (I had to on my 500R)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Come to think of it, there are some lines hanging down under there. That might do the trick. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts