Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... I was at a stop sign today experiencing a major FTCL (Failure To Look Cool) on my EX500 because I kept stalling in 1st gear. I finally looked down and noticed my kickstand was down. Duh!!!

I tried to put it up, but it fell down again and I realized the spring had fallen off.

I parked the bike with the center stand, found the spring laying in the street and managed to stretch it back into place on the kickstand. WHEWWW! What an adventure. I'm just glad that I was on a relatively flat street when it happened.

Does this happen often? What can I do to prevent it from happening in the future?

-Betty

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
BETTY

I've NEVER lost a kickstand spring! I'd get a new one, after first looking closely at where the spring ends hook or ride. The area should not be worn...sounds as if your spring is weak for some reason or another. Going to the shop you could take yours in and compare it to a new one! That's a new one on me...first time I've heard it on the forum for a Kawasaki. I had a buddy with a Harley problem (HA) even the kickstand spring was vibrating and worn out...sad but TRUE! Welcome to the Kawasaki FORUM, and you have to let us know if it was wear on the bike or a bent spring tab, or just a bad over-the-time spring. Filling out your PROFILE would help some too. YOu don't have to put your address and Phone number in, nothing required...but it is nice to know where you live, the conditions you ride in, and what group of people are near you... Should you not have a shop near you...Call BEARTOOTH and you too will get the 15% discount pricing!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts