Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put shorter dogbones on my ex500 and decided it was a good day to shave the seat down. Here are the pics

I think I'm going to take it to an upholstry shop eventually and have it recovered with a better fabric, but for now this'll work, and its 100 times more comfortable.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DiverDown said:
Looks good. Did you do your own covering?

Did you make your shorter dogbones or buy them?

Later
I bought a spare set off of ebay, then I had them shortened by one of my riding buddies.

The covering is the factory seat cover that I put back on, I'm gonna have it smoothed out and recovered with a different fabric at a later date.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
some new pictures in the light that give the seat better justice, I tucked the cover back in a little bit more too

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Freak, The bike mods look great! I have a buddy of mine that is getting ready to do a bunch of mods to his wifes 01 500r. It was her first bike and has moved on to a bigger one. Im not sure if he has the site up yet but you may want to check it out. pairadycecustoms.gixxer.com

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DiverDown said:
Looks good. How much did you take off and how did it affect your seating position?
Um... we took off a bunch, but no exact measurement, we just did a little at a time till it felt good.

It lets me sit on a much bigger area, I can move around a lot, but it is also more challenging to get my butt off the seat (to hang off)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts