Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
want more low end on my ex500, need recommendations for sprockets. I know 15/41 is stock, what should I get? I don't care about top speed, I'd never go over 100 on it. Will I need a new chain with this? What are some good sites to get this stuff at? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
SPROCKETS & CHAIN

15 & 41...nice place to start...if you need the top end then this is the place to leave it...IF however you like to have a little more jump then you could go with a 14T countershaft sprocket, and depending upon your chain you could replace it with the stock chain or just go for a kit and get a rear sprocket of 43 or 44 and have a rocket launcher, but you will need several more links in your chain. If you find the 43 or 44 to much launch you could go back to the 15T countershaft sprocket...but I bet that you don't. Unless you are out on the long roads you won't need all the top end for sustained speed. IF you decide to get the 14 & 44 just be real careful when you get things adjusted and go for your first several rides...the fornt end will be sky-happy an dwant to point to the heavens when you shift even into third gear. That's okay till you get on some slick wet roads and have a lapse in rote memory...then you will be either sliding all over the road or laying down wondering what just happened...just be very careful... All the parts can be purchased through our FORUM and keep it alive for our future use. I prefer calling the 1-800-556-3098 and chatting with them about the parts...as they will tell you when you will receive them and they are great to work with...you should also automatically receive the 10% discount for being a FORUM Member. You might save a couple of bucks going to another source but this one provides a Forum and allows us to share in our thoughts and even some aftermarket parts tat we can't buy straight from Kawasaki.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
zx-2r, thanks for the info...I posted this question on 3 different forums so that I got my answer the fastest, you didn't have to answer all of them, but I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
YOU'RE WELCOME!

I'm always happy to help out...not always right. but I really try. Give Beartooth a chance at the sale. They deserve our support for leting us have this FORUM that is International!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts