Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that the stock exhaust pipes have rivets holding th ends on. Has anyone ever tried drilling out those rivits and fiddling with the baffles to make the stock cans sound better?

I wasn't sure if those rivits only hold on the black end caps and the baffles were sealed into the can, or if the baffles are removable.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
512 Posts
i thoguht about doing it then the guys at my local kawi shop said that the cans would heat up way to bad and mess up the air fuel ratio also cuz of the more exhaust flow. maybe try it and rejett at the same time.

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
yes you will decrease back pressure and it will get louder. jetting it may help. but the cans wont get HOTTER if anything they will stay cooler but your head pipes MAY get hotter/glow from being leaner in the pipes.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I figured I would have to rejet the carbs, so I'll go and get learned up on carb jetting, and think about it some more. I'll do a follow up if I deciede to go ahead with the procedure.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
512 Posts
hey since u r goign to rejett it wont matter if i sounds bad because then all u have to do is go buy a full exhaust sytem and everything will be resolved :grin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts