Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
what year is your bike? sounds like and older model. Not everyone here knows you or knows what you are looking at.

Most likely when the rod is out the valves will be closed. Only guessing here. Think if the rod is pushed in at high RPM then that is when the valves will open the other exhaust ports

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1991 kx should there b any oil in with the piston havin nothin but problems with the bike since taking it out in the rain and taking in through marsh feilds (very wet ) since then cant fire it up drained gear oil put in new flipped in and cranced it over a few times before i put the new oil in new plug what more can i do knowing my luck probebly a faulty cut off button lol ?

·
Registered
917 Posts
the oil in the gas lubricates where the piston is. I have found excess oil in the crankcase on a quad that i generally ran rich, but I rode the same bottom end for 15 years and it never need service on crank bearings or seals.

Exhaust valve will not prevent you from starting the bike. I remember your posts now.

Does the spark plug spark? I think you said it backfires.

·
Registered
917 Posts
the gas builds up then at that point it fires but there is an excess of gas and hence the back fire.

The spark may be weak, timing off, carb problem, too much gas in crankcase or/and pipe,

a few drops of gas or starter fluid in the plug hole first will often get it to fire if only momentarily. I do that to problem solve.

When I got nothing but back fires the stator coils were weak, so I swapped with good electrical system and it fired right up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.