Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just tore my sons motor apart to put some new gaskets and seals and i found out that one of the exauste valves are broke in half and the teeth on both are no longer and one valve guid is just plain missing i guess the guy who owned it be for me just dint give a [email protected]#k. my question is can i run it with out them i dont have $175.00 to replace whats broken and what aint even there.they dint even work right or at all so he wont know the difrents but will it hert any thing else if i take whats left of them out? thanks for any input

93 KX 250 SONS
93 KX 250 MINE

·
Hey, lemme ride your bike
1,975 Posts
Sorry to hear the one millionth story of some previous owner being a POS mechanic / maintainer, then selling it without telling the whole truth.

I would suggest you look on eBay for used replacements. I can't imagine the extra volume of the empty holes taking away fuel from the piston and cylinder being a good thing. I'd rather have them blocked off than empty.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i decided to put it back together the right way so i orderd the parts i needed but wount you know it the right hand power valve is discontinued so now im going to have to serch hi and low for a used one or get lucky and some one has it sitting on there shelf witch i dout it.my fault for owning a old bike

93 kx 250

1 - 3 of 3 Posts