Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I hope I am OK posting this, but I wanted do share a great deal I just found. I just picked up a Bell Apex Blitz FF helmet for $79.99 with free shipping. I have been looking for one for a while, and this one has received pretty good reviews. If you are looking for one you can find it at Motorcycle Helmets and Motorcycle Accessories - Motorcycle Superstore . You will see a red tag on the home page with an additional 20% off code for closeouts. You will will want to write this down. Then go to the closeouts section and you will see several items including the helmet I mentioned. The helmet is already discounted to $99 which gets you free shipping, then when checking out you apply the 20% code and you get a nice helmet for a great price. I hope this helps someone save some cash.

BTW I am not associated with the site at all, just trying to pass on some savings.

Update .. It appears the 20% sale is over, but if you go to the closeouts link on the left you can still get the helmet for $89.

·
Non Omnis Moriar
7,812 Posts
That is a good deal, flanman. I don't know what people have against Bell but I liked mine and it did the job it was designed to do -sacrifice itself for me.

By the way, I'm diggin' your classic -clean.

·
Non Omnis Moriar
7,812 Posts
do you happen to know how the size fits compared to an HJC? I have an HJC C12, I believe, in size L that is a perfect fit.
Funny you should bring that up, Dave. I have a really small head and it's tuff to find one that fits well. The meds are always too big and often the small will be too small. The Bell and the Nolan small fit me the same way -near perfect.

I'm interested to see if flanman has tried both.

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
I just know that different helmets fit different types of heads, and you really have to be able to try a brand before you know for sure how it fits you. The HJCs work very well for me, but the price of these bells is really good.

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
I'm not seeing the $79 price though. it's showing up as 99. I know the tag said take an additional 20% off, but when I start stepping through placing the order, the confirmation is coming up with 99. it does show the free shipping. Anyone else try and what are you seeing?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NCDave when you get to I believe the third screen, after you enter your shipping an payment info, you will see a box towards the lower left to enter the promotional code and click apply to get additional discount.

I also found in the reviews I read that this Bell helmet tend to be formed a little more naturally to the human head shape as apposed to other brands. I currently have a Scorpion 3/4 helmet I will compare the fit when I receive the Bell one.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I'm not seeing the $79 price though. it's showing up as 99. I know the tag said take an additional 20% off, but when I start stepping through placing the order, the confirmation is coming up with 99. it does show the free shipping. Anyone else try and what are you seeing?
Fill in the coupon code from the first page when it asks for code on one of the pages.
Free shipping on orders over $75

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
Well, I just ordered one, so we'll see how it fits when it gets here! At least I'll be able to report a comparison between it and the HJC!

Thanks for the help guys!!!

Man I just love spending money on motorcycle stuff!

Flanman, when my wife asks, this is YOUR fault!!! :D

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
+1. Flanman, I'll be blaming you as well when my wife asks about this purchase.
BTW, I have a Bell Sprint in the XL. I ordered the XXL as I though the XL was just a little too snug. I suppose I could return it if it's too big.

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Got my XXL Apex today. Fits like a glove! Way more comfortable than the XL Sprint. Anyone want to buy a slightly used XL Bell Sprint (Black. No Scratches)? Paid $125.00. I'll sell it for $50.00

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
That is a good deal, flanman. I don't know what people have against Bell
Hypocrisy.

Mike Bell, 1970-something: "If you have a $10 head, buy a $10 helmet"
2007: Who is selling $40 lids at Wal Mart and Pep Boys?
Bell.

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
yeah, but this is a 200 retail helmet that's on close-out. It's gotta be better than a $40 helmet, doesn't it? :D

Mine is supposed to arrive today, so I'll be reporting on the fit and finish tonight or tomorrow! I've already told my boys to keep their grubby d___-skinners off of it! :D

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I received my helmet two days ago. I love the fit. It is much more snug than my 3/4 helmet. I will be testing it for a ride this weekend. I am hoping a full face helps cut down on the wind noise a little.

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
Actually, I've found that a FF helmet is more noisy than my half helmet. Seems like it wouldn't be, but my ears are ringing when I've ridden with the FF and not with the half.

Have you tried other FF helmets and can tell me how the fit of this one compares?

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
The helmet arrived at the house at about 7:30 pm local time. Thanks to Fed Ex for working overtime to deliver it today! I think it fits perfectly. Check out the picture below and you'll probably agree! :D

Really....first impressions....Quality not quite on par with my HJC C-12 on the inside. The padding feels a little bit thin and there's a pressure spot on the forehead. it also feels like the helmet isn't completely on. I believe that is because the style of it is to be cut higher in the back than I am used to. I guess that would make it easier to raise your head up while you're bent over on a sport bike. I'll work out the pressure points by compressing the foam inside and it should work just fine.

Overall, I'd give it a C+. it's a good helmet at the price I paid, but I'd be VERY unhappy if I had paid 199 retail for it.

However....I think George grades it an A+! :D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts