Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Exhaust for 500R

1K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  larc68 
#1 ·
Ok...I have a 02 500R and im trying to decide what exhaust to get for it.I know what exhausts are out there,(well not all)but havent had that much experience with them.I want sumin that ofcourse gives some power,but sumin that sounds really mean,How would a muzzy system sound on the 500??

OH and btw my friend she has a 02 250R,now this bike I really dont have much experience on,as far as moddifications go,how would a muzzy exhaust sound on the 250 as well?

Any input on this would be really appreciated!!!!!!!Thanks!!!!!

#5 ·
1Adam12 said:
Just so you know that you might lose that thing called a center stand....If its important to you check it out first.

Otherwise vroom, vrooom!
I just installed a muzzy system and you do loose the centerstand and you need to trim the lower fairing in the front and left side and also where the lower faring bolts in underneath on the right side. i remounted the bracket on the outside and used a new bolt to hold it on and just bent the bracket a little to match the curvature of the fairing. once that done, just redrill a hole and use the stock bolt. worked great for me and it looks like nothing was ever done. hope this helps

#8 ·
ill describe the best i can. the brackets mount on the inside of of the of the mounting tabs where the bolt for the centerstand goes through. when you take the centerstand off, you will mount the bracket to the outside centerstand mounting tabs. sorry i cant describe it better

#10 ·
larc68 said:
ill describe the best i can. the brackets mount on the inside of of the of the mounting tabs where the bolt for the centerstand goes through. when you take the centerstand off, you will mount the bracket to the outside centerstand mounting tabs. sorry i cant describe it better
Hey no worries dude,I get yah now 8) Thanks alot for the info,appreciate it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.