Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I've been viewing post for a couple years on and off. Also on the Vulcan forum. Well just got out the Navy and got a job, finally gonna do some things I've been putting off. So if any of you have any tips, or can direct me to past posts I would much appreciate it. I bought the Hard Krome K2's, amazing looking pipes, haven't seen anyone with them yet, well except Britt Motorsports Signature Series. And no I don't work for Britt but hey gotta give credit where credit is due. Lowering Kit is scootworks, and the plate relocation is really just chopping the old one down. If I don't like it, I will put the side plate on. So thanks in advance for the help, and I am going to buy a digital camera today so I can post pics before and after all these mods.

JRod

·
Official Bug Taster
361 Posts
Welcome to the site. I have learned a lot from the good people here and I am sure you will to. If you do a little search around here you will find an answer to about any question you may have. I don't have any links available for you to look at right now, just wanted to say hi. And remember, "If there aren't any pics, it doesn't exist!"

·
Registered
100 Posts
You can raise the plate just by taking off the bracket flipping it upside down and mounting your plate to the bracket with the bottom holes instead of the top one. You just have to twist the bracket a little bit so the plate mounts flush.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright gentlemen and ladies as promised bought a camera today, now just gotta figure out how to post pics, and its on. I have observed the love given to those who make claims and don't post pics, put up or shut up right. So I figure I'll just work all that out this week while my parts are in the mail, skip the newby love. Photobucket here I come.

JRod

·
Registered
510 Posts
You won't be the only one with K2's. But that's OK!

Just bought the same set and installed this past Wednesday. I'm more than pleased with the sound. Very DEEP and throaty.

Enjoy fixing her up!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah Trashman I don't want to go off topic on this thread, but I need to ask you some things about that rear fender wheel swap, its without a doubt the best mod for this bike, well and the lowering kit, but uh yeah, another time.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok fellas, its bed time, I have been searching threads for hours. So just to keep this thread on track, if you have any advice for me for these mods, throw it my way. I'm pretty sure the lowering kit won't be a problem, and the license plate, well, I think the saying "nothing to it but to do it" is appropriate, but the exhaust I'm a little worried. Stuff like tools I will find out I need halfway into the job, or grease, or anything like that. I'm not a motorhead at all, besides brakes, plugs and oil on my car I have no experience. Thanks again.

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
the exhaust should have come with instructions.

you'll need a socket set, a screwdriver, locktite & replacement gaskets (or gasket paste) ... ummm, and i think that's it.
Putting new exhausts on a cruiser really isn't hard.

definitely get hold of some instructions, it'll make life alot easier. As i say, they should come with instructions, which will usually tell you how to take off the stock exhaust and how to fit the new one. If they didn't come with the exhaust, email/call HK and get them to send you some.

Similarly, a Kawasaki shop manual will tell you how to remove the stock exhaust.

I don't know how you do the lowering kit, so can't offer help with that.

plate relocation is easy, just remove the plate & the reflector, cut down the bracket, and you should be able to bolt the plate back on to where the reflector was. Failing that, remove the plate light too, and wire in some little LED plate bolts, or just buy an LED plate frame and mount that instead.
there's plenty of topics on here about plate relocation

:)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So here's my baby, will take some more w/out the bags so you can get a good look at the before and after pipes. Thanks for the advice so far.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Plates are old, got Illinois plates now, so no ideas fellas, lol, unless you wanna steel my debt with my identity.

·
Registered
146 Posts
here is what i did with the plate ..and the signals also

before

After

oh yeah the 200 year tire is also different in the two pics...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ronc09,

Love the look man, but can you still use your saddle bags. That is my main concern, and which pic has the 200, I assume the last one. Stock rim, any mods to make it fit?? Cause I'm at 10,000 miles and thinkin about some new rubber, might as well go a little bigger if there is no problems. Most of the threads seem to say you can go as big as 210 without any rubbing, but I got the Scootworks lowering kit coming so not sure how it will be with that.

·
Registered
146 Posts
mine isnt lowered and i have pirelli night dragons on mine with no trouble at all. ive heard of people going as wide as 230 on the stocker ...but i think that is pushing it. 200 whent on with no trouble at all.... ive also got the 90/90 on the front as well with no trouble. as far as using those signals with bags .....i dont have any so its not an issue ....but im pretty sure they would be in the way. you could maybe mount them on the sissy bar brackets or something ...not sure .how it would look

1 - 20 of 34 Posts