Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an EN500 and the collector pipe between the exhaust pipes is corroded beyond repair.

I am looking to mod the exhaust so that the collector pipe is done away with completely by welding up the hole where it joins the main pipe.

My question is "will this upset the running of the engine or not make any noticable difference at all?

I'm going down this line coz a new system costs about £500+ here. Aftermarket systems are like rocking horse sh*t. Cant find themhere so far.

Any ideas guys

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
are you talking about a small crossover pipe thats rotted away ?
if so all that does is equalize the exhaut pulses between the pipes. it helps exhaust flow and makes it a bit quieter. i dont think it will effect performance any (alteast what little there is with an EN500 anyways :wink: )
can ya get a pic and send it to me [email protected]
good luck

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cant get photo's as my digi cam connection is stuffed.

I took the exhaust off today and the actual pipe I thought was the problem is ok once i got all the crud of it. the problemwas the main header pipe had cracked all the way round and seperated from the silencer.

I managed to weld it up with a mig ewlder I borrowed of a m8 and so far it seems to be running well and a whole lot quieter.

Hope it last till the end of the season thenI'll hunt around for a system.

Thanks anyway m8 for your help. I appreciate it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts