Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently bought a 2007 kawi 1500 classic. And would like to get new pipes for it. They're a little too quiet for me (loud pipes save lives). Where's a good place to buy them? Maybe some Cobras.....

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks:)

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
In my opinion, I've never heard any pipes on a Vulcan that sound better than V&H. I have Jardine Drag Pipes on mine and I've always thought the sound of them was horrible.

As for purchasing, try mawonline.com they usually have good prices on things. But an internet search will show you lots of options. Just shop for the best price including shipping!

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
I've recently bought a 2007 kawi 1500 classic. And would like to get new pipes for it. They're a little too quiet for me (loud pipes save lives). Where's a good place to buy them? Maybe some Cobras.....

In my opinion, I've never heard any pipes on a Vulcan that sound better than V&H. I have Jardine Drag Pipes on mine and I've always thought the sound of them was horrible.

As for purchasing, try mawonline.com they usually have good prices on things. But an internet search will show you lots of options. Just shop for the best price including shipping!

2004 Vulcan 1500 Classic Strapped with V&H Straightshots

YouTube - Vulcan 1500 coming home

·
frequently disturbs class
2,220 Posts
Met a guy w/ Cobra speedster longs on a 1500 classic a few weeks back.
The bike sounded great, and it's a sharp looking install too.

·
Behind the 8ball
1,953 Posts
I run V&H Longshots on mine. Got them from Phat Performance. Love 'em

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I love my Roadhouse 2 to 1,when you rolling thru the gears it sounds off but at a steady throttle you can carry a conversation with your passenger. It's easier to clean my Nomad and put air in the back tire and no more scrapeing pipes going down a curb.Also like the low end tork it supplies.

·
Ahhh Crap
2,344 Posts
Really like the V&H Straightshots on my '03.

·
Super Moderator
10,838 Posts
V&H 2to1 ProPipe on mine. Painfully loud without the baffle but easily customizable with high temp glass tape.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I got the stock pipes on my 2004 Vulcan 1500 Classic and always wonder which pipes would be good to buy.

·
Forgot to grow up
1,118 Posts
I first tried the "Baffle Bashing System", which made my 06 1500 louder but I still wasn't able to hear it on the highway. (I hate wondering what gear I'm in :) ) Then I took the "goats bladder" ("bagpipe" AKA
whut the helz thayat?) cut it in half and emptyied it out. Believe it or not that made no diff in sound. Still boggles my mind... then I heard a Nomad on the highway as I was passing thru Saskatchewan that was running Cobras. Yummy!! A week or so later as I was going thru the catalogues at my favourite dealer (bike dealer that is :) my other dealer has no "bike" pipes) a guy showed up on his 900 also with cobras. I immediately bought cobra highboys which were not only the cheapest (luckily cause I don't have deep pockets) but mount inboard and high enough that I no longer was able to scrape my muffler thru turns. These, even a few weeks later were loud enough to hear in hard wind on the highway without having to turn my head to listen but not obnoxious if you're not trying to be.

On the down side the pipe from the rear cyl started blueing slightly in about 5k of daily summer riding. Met two other guys who had th same prob in the same place (where the pipe meets the muffler) tho not enough for any of us 3 to be too worried. My dealer said I could keep up on it with a metal polish every wash but it just wasn't bad enough for me to even try, IMHO the pipes were a nicer chrome than the stockpipes and I believe the blueing was just a result of the close tolerances between muff pipe and chrome cover.

BTW mine was a 06 1500 fi.

I say was cause I dropped it coming home on the highway a few weeks ago. On the bright side the 8500 dollar ins. claim made my "new" bike worth more than it was on the showroom floor at the beginning of the season and iwas able to buy the bike I was really wanted but couldn't afford at the time.

I tell you this for 2 reasons

#1 even after I hi-sided hard enough to smash headlight, trip tree, gas tank and lots more. Those cobras were well hidden and only a little scuff under my bent to hell floorboard showed on the chrome.

#2 I just have to brag to someone somewhere about my about my shiny new 07 Vulcan 2L.
BWAAHAAAHAAHAAHAHAA!!!!!!!!!!!

Only got to put 200 kms. on it before the snow flew tho. So now I'm just sitting here making a noose while waiting for spring.

But bang for the buck, cobras are the w2ay to go if you're on a tight budget.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I sure do like my Cobra long shots,makes everybody think its a Harley with engine running!!!!

·
Luv my big boy toys
1,490 Posts

IMHO if you really want the pipes mainly to save your life, aim them forward to project the sound that way.

·
Ridden like a Ford!
4,063 Posts
i have the samson street sweepers because i liked the loos of the pipes shooting outwrd and downward. i love the sound of them too. they have a deep tone and when WOT still deep but with a roar

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
i have the samson street sweepers because i liked the loos of the pipes shooting outwrd and downward. i love the sound of them too. they have a deep tone and when WOT still deep but with a roar
I 2nd that Samson street sweepers are some of the most awesome to ride behind..........I have been more than once behind Bekah's(SLS Chic) 1600 Meanstreak....and it is heaven to listen to.....but they are noisy if you live in sensitive neighborhoods.

Also if you want a little more mellow but awesome low throaty rumble......the 2-1 Roadhouse classics are very nice. The Bigshot's are also extremely nice, the key is to get a system that have a common connection between both pipes so it gives just enough backpressure when one cylinder fires, while the other pushes exhaust out.....that gives a somewhat different sound than single pipe per cylinder systems.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts