Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently Ive added a 2-1 Muzzy exhaust and and K&N filter along with a Stage 1 jet kit. I adjusted the mixture screws 2.5 turns out per specs. So the exhaust had the popping sound now which from what i understand isnt a bad thing, just annoying. I them removed the EGR valve and plugged the nec. holes per instructions. Now to the point, the bike runs like crap. For the first day or two it was fine, now it bogs down and has no power at roughly 4 to 7000 rpms or sometimes its random. Any ideas before i put the stuff back on and just deal with the popping.

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
sounds like one of you EGR mods/plugs may have worked loose ? :?: not sure without actually riding/hearing the bike.
good luck

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i switched the it all back in and the bike runs fine now. everything was tight so i dont know what the prob. was but its fine now. popping is less noticable also. who knows

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i switched the it all back in and the bike runs fine now. everything was tight so i dont know what the prob. was but its fine now. popping is less noticable also. who knows

1 - 4 of 4 Posts