Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all-

New to the forum and was hoping someone could recommend a replacement exhaust system for my 1996 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500C. I have looked several places, but I am a novice rider and have no idea about brands or what exactly I need.

Any help you can provide would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Luey

·
Super Moderator
10,874 Posts
Depends what you're lookin' for:

Factory replacements? Sound? Looks? Why do you think your current ones need replacing?

There are as many exhausts to choose from as there are opinions to recommend them. And you know what they say about opinions....

Anywho, back when I had an '04 1500 Classic, I installed Vance and Hines 2-to-1 ProPipes. I'd buy them again if I were looking for a replacement exhaust for a 1500.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Russ-

Thanks for the feedback. I would like to go with aftermarkets because I like a little louder sound. My current system fell off my bike and got scratched up pretty bad (don't ask me how!) Anyway, any suggestions on good places online that would carry a nice selection for that year and model?

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
Someties you can find a good aftermarket set on ebay or your local craigslist.

The most popular are:

Cobra
Hard Krome
Vance & Hines
and many others

·
Registered
119 Posts
I've got the Vance & Hines Pro Pipe on mine but I'm seriously looking at the Road Burner 3" Road Pro's w/SLT

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I have Cobra Dragsters on my 96 1500. I think they sound just right..........loud enough, but not obnoxious.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts