Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2002 Ninja 500 and have read numerous pluses and minuses for aftermarket exhausts with and without rejetting. I'm looking at the Vance and hines 2 into 1 with a carbon can. I know it would sound saweett. Some say great and others say blah blah blah. Help please.

Thanks and happy friggin Holidays!

Chris :D

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
don't know exactly what your question is, but I have a 01 500R and I got a jardine system. It is quite loud. V&H makes good exhaust, so you shouldn't have any problems, but you will loose your centerstand when you put the system on. I picked the jardine because it runs on the left hand side of the bike, and saves the centerstand.

If you are going to do the full exhaust then also get the K&N air pods and do a stage 3 rejetting, this is the only way you will truely pick up power. You can do the exhaust and stage 1 rejetting, but the stock airbox leaves much to be desired. If your gonna tear it apart spend the extra 70-80 bucks and get the air pods.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
exhaust

Hey thanks for the info. I saw your bike somewhere (on this site I think - no I'm not a stalker) and I noticed that the exhaust was on the right...ahh now I know why. I was gonna lose the center stand anyhow. I will be attampting to get my weight down to 360 - just for the helluvit ya know. I already have a K & N air filter but will have to jet it. I'm scared to do it myself though. Carbs scare me but anything else I'll do. Anyway, have a great Holiday.

Chris

·
Registered
8,245 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Vance & Hines Exhaust System

Hey guys, the V&H system allows you to keep your center stand. The system is right hand exit and becuase the centerstand relies on the exhaust piping on the left side of the bike to stop the centerstand from hitting the chain, the V&H system comes with a braket you install to compesate for the lack of exhaust piping on the LH side. Personally i like the look of V&H/Muzzys style canister and i think all of the exhaust systems available for the EX500's are loud (Jardine, V&H, Muzzy's, etc.) The Jardine is on a cheaper side of the three systems with the Muzzy's on the most expensive side. With the Muzzy's, you have to remove the centerstand.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a ZX-1100 and changed my exhaust system to a D & D Full system and had to rejet the carbs. It's a 4-2-1 system that runs out on the left side of the bike. Also added a K & N air filter, and kept my center stand. Check into D & D, they make good power and sound great!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Mr. ZX-11 said:
I have a ZX-1100 and changed my exhaust system to a D & D Full system and had to rejet the carbs. It's a 4-2-1 system that runs out on the left side of the bike. Also added a K & N air filter, and kept my center stand. Check into D & D, they make good power and sound great!!!!!!!!!!
D&D is all built in texas too!!

·
Road Snot Needs A Kleenex
364 Posts
I know I've been trying to get some info on this topic myself. I own a 2002 Ninja 500R, and have been trying to get some info on what exhaust to buy. I know I want it to be a full system.

I've descided on either the V&H Supersport exhaust or the D&D full system. I guess it would be easier to make the decision if I could here a 500R with each system on.

What's everyone's experence? I've been told to go with the V&H 'cause the D&D is obnoxiously loud. But I've also read that the D&D gives you more HP or the V&H Supersport. I'm stuck.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
rlovrin1 said:
I know I've been trying to get some info on this topic myself. I own a 2002 Ninja 500R, and have been trying to get some info on what exhaust to buy. I know I want it to be a full system.

I've descided on either the V&H Supersport exhaust or the D&D full system. I guess it would be easier to make the decision if I could here a 500R with each system on.

What's everyone's experence? I've been told to go with the V&H 'cause the D&D is obnoxiously loud. But I've also read that the D&D gives you more HP or the V&H Supersport. I'm stuck.
the V&H system is straight through like the D&D, its just quieter, and trust me, you'll want the V&H, I had a jardine system on my bike and it just about deafened all of us. I put a V&H SSR2 can for a buell on my exhaust and its been wonderful ever since. The D&D is just going to be too loud for you to stand.

·
Registered
11 Posts
As everyone who owns a ex500 has probably found out...there is only one place you can get slipons for the ex 500 and only 3-4 full systems out there...WELL LISTEN UP!!! I'm getting together with the owner of D & D Exhaust and they are going to design, dyno, and fit slip-ons and a full system for my 2006 Ninja 500R (EX500)... If everything goes well, then they will produce these pipes to add to they're catalog of custom exhaust setups...I would like some feedback from everyone on this...I'll be adding info as design and performance information is gathered and produced...NOW LETS HEAR SOME REPLIES!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
exhaust for 06 ninja 500r

I hope someone will start making an exhaust for the 06 500r. i have looked and looked and cant find a single one. if anybody knows please inform me.

·
Registered
17 Posts
cchausse said:
I've got a 2002 Ninja 500 and have read numerous pluses and minuses for aftermarket exhausts with and without rejetting. I'm looking at the Vance and hines 2 into 1 with a carbon can. I know it would sound saweett. Some say great and others say blah blah blah. Help please.

Thanks and happy friggin Holidays!

Chris :D
you know for the longest time i was trying to find out what I could do with my 04 GS500F, but it dawned on me 1 day that there isn't anything that you can do except just get another bike. I finally took my own advice and now i have been blessed with the 10R.

Kevin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts