Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey People. New here. Was wondering if anyone had expieience in different exhaust for 95 ZX9R. What sounds good and works best?

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
i personally enjoy vance and hines. my system sounds great, its loud, but not too loud, just enough to let people know your here but not to have them call the cops to put in a noise complaint. the full system increase HP .thats just what i got. of course ive never had a yoshi or muzzy or anything other pipe other than factory

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i personally enjoy vance and hines. my system sounds great, its loud, but not too loud, just enough to let people know your here but not to have them call the cops to put in a noise complaint. the full system increase HP .thats just what i got. of course ive never had a yoshi or muzzy or anything other pipe other than factory
Thank god. someone else that likes Vance & Hines. I had it on my 89 750R and pulled out the packing. Man is that loud. Give it a try. With so many pipes out there, I didn't know if V & H could still hold it's own. Thanks for the in put

·
Life Begins at 200 mph
1,387 Posts
I'm not sure for that year of bike but word of advice. If you want true HP and response gains get a full exhaust, High flow filters (like K&N or BMC) and some type of fuel management and go have it tuned in.

On my ZX-12R when I put on the Exhaust and filters my bike ran rediculously rich in the 3-4k rpm range. They had to lean it out a ton. Made a world of difference. Then with the USB I was able to copy and save the map on my lap top and make changes or try somthing new with a better safety net to go back to.

If you are just looking for the sound, you can get away with a slip-on, but I don't recommend that.

Do it right and do it right the first time IMO. :-D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts