Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just my bike or are Brake Rotors generally expensive? I've got a 1997 Police 1000 (retired police bike) and the front rotors are pretty badly warped.

OEM rotors go for $300 each on BikeBandit.com and they have EBC brand rotors for about $150 each. Are the aftermarket (EBC) rotors just as good as the OEM ones?

Is this something that happens often on motorcycles? I know I have to turn the rotors on my car every so often but I was told you can't do that for motorcycle rotors because they are much thinner. Anyone know where I can get a good deal? Should I even bother looking for used ones?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Matt

Matt, Check with EBC and see what they tell you...but before you do that make a call to Beartooth kawasaki, our FORUM Sponsor and ask them. Information is FREE! I'm of the opinion that the bike rotors ARE turnable, depending upon the SPEC of the rotor when they are finished. the thinner the rotor the more likely it is to warp (less material). Call Beartooth Kawasaki 1-800-556-3098. As a FORUM member you are entitled to a 10% discount...not much. but it helps...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts