Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I am in the market for a 2nd hand 600 and was wandering if you guys got any experiences with a 03/04 zx636....

any problems that i should look out for?
any thing at all would be fine...

thanks,

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm looking for the same bike. I've heard so people saying they have weak or "notchy" trannys. But any feed back would be nice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool... finally got some replies...
but after reading more into the forum i found out other people have posted stuff relating to this...

i went to have a look at an Ex-Demo 04 zx636 but the dealer wouldn't let me test ride it... (something about the insurance wouldn't cover if i dropped it) i really wouldn't wanna buy a bike, especially an ex-demo if i couldn't ride it first...

but anyway, i rode an 02 zx636 (older shape) and it felt very different to the newer zx6 i rode from another dealership... They feel heavier and i dunno but to me it felt like the older 636 has more go down low... whereas the new ones don't have as much grunt.... (correct me please if i am wrong)...
the older ones feel heavier and i don't feel like i can throw it around as easily...

Now, my question is... Are the 02 zx636 fuel injected? Because when i test rode the bike (its a private sale) he told me it was not fuel injected... I was very confused thinking that all models from 2002 were fuel injected.....?

Any help would be good on this....because i am kind of thinking of getting the 02 model instead of the ex-demo (probably because insurance is cheaper and the bike overall is cheaper)... but i would really want to know what i am buying is the right thing... I just get a lot of misinformation, so help?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Now, my question is... Are the 02 zx636 fuel injected? Because when i test rode the bike (its a private sale) he told me it was not fuel injected... I was very confused thinking that all models from 2002 were fuel injected.....?

Any help would be good on this....because i am kind of thinking of getting the 02 model instead of the ex-demo (probably because insurance is cheaper and the bike overall is cheaper)... but i would really want to know what i am buying is the right thing... I just get a lot of misinformation, so help?

I'd double check that it's a 02 636... If your getting an 03 636, you'll love it. I've had no problems with it, and the bike is strong for the displacement. As for the tranny, I haven't had any problems and I've put it to work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts