Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you love the sound of your V-twin Kawi and wondered why.
For the people who are not too technical.
I Found something interesting about single versus dual pin V-twins.
It has some nice illustrations and it applies to any Kawa cruiser too...
Thought it was appropiate to post it at the cruiser section instead of under technical issues.
Put your sound on.

The V-Twin

·
**** Cornfields Anyway!
104 Posts
Loved that article deanevo!!

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
good stuff...btw single pin generally requires a heavier flywheel to carry the momentum thru the dead (ie non power cycle) translates to more weight in the engine and a higher MOI to decrease initial efficency, but it sounds good...

in reality the energy you trnaslated into kenetic energy in the flywheel would ideally be converted back in a perfect system.

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
Thanks,
Tryin" to contribute and keep this forum alive in this wintersleep-period.
good info

I agree with you, last winter this forum appeared to have more action

of course, i did noticed some forum members here that haven't been active for a while and found then active on a diff forum.

traders:mad:

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
good info

of course, i did noticed some forum members here that haven't been active for a while and found then active on a diff forum.

traders:mad:
with the severe weather this year you would EXPECT MORE activity not less

·
2x the bike for 1/2 the $
1,175 Posts
I wonder if some of that had to do with the economy. There seemed to be a higher number of new members that joined after purchasing a bike during the riding season of 2008 (like myself) compared to during 2009.. From what i'm aware, it seemed like bike sales in general were higher in 08, since 09 was kinda the crappiest point so far of this economy slump.

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
I wonder if some of that had to do with the economy. There seemed to be a higher number of new members that joined after purchasing a bike during the riding season of 2008 (like myself) compared to during 2009.. From what i'm aware, it seemed like bike sales in general were higher in 08, since 09 was kinda the crappiest point so far of this economy slump.
I'm sure the economy is to blame. I'll get better soon.

·
MINI Madness
381 Posts
Agree as well...I sold mine this year (bought in the spring of 08 ) because I was going to trade up, but can't really justify spending the extra money now. Oh well...I hope to get another bike soon, but what I want is just too expensive.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts