Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my '04 Vulcan 750 in late August. I did not buy the ext. warranty at that time.

I just received a mailing saying I should reconsider my choice not to buy one..... so, two questions

1) how do you all feel about extended warranties? worth the price?, or not.

2) do different dealers offer different prices on these, or is a warranty from Kawie the same price no matter where it is purchased?

thanks for your time...Stan :?: :?:

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

i did not buy it for the vulcan,mostly because i have modded the bike and some dealers are funny about honoring a modded bike
they usually run 300-400 bucks for 2 years i think so is it worth it? hard to say its like insurance not really worth it but nice if you have it and need it.
i do most of my own wrenching on my bike anyway so i just took the factory deal
being that its a kawi i am confident i'd prolly never use it anyway :lol:
now the harley on the other hand is a different story-i do have ext warrany on that
for the obvious reason - its a harley :lol:

·
Proud Owner Of This Forum & Beartooth Kawasaki
2,735 Posts
Welcome to the forum, the dealer can discount the extended warranty, if you are interested give me a call (Jim) at 1-800-556-3098 and I will give you a price on the extended warranty. 8)

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Just thought I'd bring up this important fact, you can get discounted extended warranties so shop around including our provider BearTooth Kawasaki.

Sides, it brings back the oldest thread I could find on the board.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
What about discounts in Florida? Looked at a few on EBAY and all said that in FL it has to be purchased from a dealer in Fl. One where I bought the bike will take 50 off, the other 2 want list. Also noticed that its thru GE in Fla, which doesn't give me a warm fuzzy.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Welcome to the forum, the dealer can discount the extended warranty, if you are interested give me a call (Jim) at 1-800-556-3098 and I will give you a price on the extended warranty. 8)
You can still put a GTTP on a bike that is already out of factory warranty?

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
What about discounts in Florida? Looked at a few on EBAY and all said that in FL it has to be purchased from a dealer in Fl. One where I bought the bike will take 50 off, the other 2 want list. Also noticed that its thru GE in Fla, which doesn't give me a warm fuzzy.
There's some funky law in Florida and an extended warranty purchased out of state is not valid in Florida.

·
The Bassman Rocketh
25,244 Posts
I usually always get the extended warranty on things when possible. You never know when it'll come in handy. Two examples...

Bought a Ford Focus brand new and included the extended warranty. A few years down the road, the ignition locks up - in our garage. The key would not budge, the car would not start. Turns out it's a somewhat common issue with the factory ignition. Cost for replacement of the ignition alone is over $300. That doesn't include the towing and the cost of the rental car to get around in while waiting for the repairs to be done. Thanks to the extended warranty, my cost was $107.

Last year, bought an Epson all-in-one printer/fax/scanner/copier from Best Buy, got the extended warranty to go with it. Last week, it died - nothing but an error code. Took it back to Best Buy last Sunday and walked out with a brand new one - in and out in about 20 minutes.

IMHO, they are absolutely worth it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts