Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find a way to mount driving lights on my 500 LTD. I have been looking for a light bar but have had no luck finding one to fit the small Vulcan. Do you think fork mounted lights would vibrate too much?

The one headlight is just not enough light for night driving in the country and I don't feel visible enough. My motto is arrive alive!

Anyone had any experience adding lights to their bike?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

i would suggest looking at j&p cycles website at the halogen bullet lights
they are nice and bright and can be mounted many different ways-just make sure your
electrical system and battery is up to the added power draw-i would use a relay
with a seperate switch to control them-they are also small and would look good on the 500
and not look overbearing :wink:

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Thumperjb said:
I am trying to find a way to mount driving lights on my 500 LTD. I have been looking for a light bar but have had no luck finding one to fit the small Vulcan. Do you think fork mounted lights would vibrate too much?

The one headlight is just not enough light for night driving in the country and I don't feel visible enough. My motto is arrive alive!

Anyone had any experience adding lights to their bike?

Thanks
Alot of the parts that work on the 800 will also work on the 500 like mention before. Heres a pic of the bullets on front of my 800. They'd be easy enough to mount on the 500 as well. An no I don't get an vibes at all, at least not eniugh to notice.

·
Rebel Rider
3,646 Posts
Hey Wood, I got those same lowers on my 800A. Those bullets look great, how much light do they put out? I think I'll get a set.

Who makes them and where did you get them?

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
bluestringer said:
Hey Wood, I got those same lowers on my 800A. Those bullets look great, how much light do they put out? I think I'll get a set.

Who makes them and where did you get them?
Thanks Blue. They put out plenty of light, since I've had them on I haven't had one cager pull out in front of me(knock on wood). There the kurayakyn small silver bullets.You'll like them at night,I hardly ever use my bright light anymore.

·
Wannabeabigbike Owner
745 Posts
Remeber guys (and gals), you only have 17 amps to p;ay with (MAX output of alternator) Using 20-25 watt bullets (halogen) gives almost as much light as 55s, but WAY less current draw! Regular running of bike takes about 2/3 of total. Thats not much left! I use LEDs for everything BUT driving lights. Have several mods posted on my site "www.k1jan.com" under motorcycle mods. Lighting bullets is next! HD stores have LOTs of easy mount brackets for our fork size (41mm)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts