Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone can tell me a couple things about my 1975 F11's carb. On the right side of the carb, above the bowl, there is a horizontal hose barb connection. Is this a vent? There is also one on the opposite side, but it doesn't have a barbed fitting. This also seems like a vent. Does anyone know what hose goes on the right side barb and where the hose leads?

Also, there are two adjustments I can find. The idle speed screw on the left, and maybe a fuel/air screw on the right? Does anyone have an adjustment process for these? Are there any other adjustments I need to make?

Thanks,

Jeff

·
WFO Enthusiast
89 Posts
Those horizontal hose connections should be a bowl vent and the other should be an overflow. You don't have to put a hose on them, but if you do they should be routed so any fuel that comes out will drain down to the ground and not on top of the motor.
The screws are for idle speed and idle mixture adjustment. The idle adjustment just needs to be wherever you attain the best idle speed. The mixture screw should be adjusted when the motor is warmed up to get the highest idle speed, then use the idle speed screw to turn it back down to an acceptable idle speed. The mixture screw setting varys from bike to bike.

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me a couple things about my 1975 F11's carb. On the right side of the carb, above the bowl, there is a horizontal hose barb connection. Is this a vent? There is also one on the opposite side, but it doesn't have a barbed fitting. This also seems like a vent. Does anyone know what hose goes on the right side barb and where the hose leads?

Also, there are two adjustments I can find. The idle speed screw on the left, and maybe a fuel/air screw on the right? Does anyone have an adjustment process for these? Are there any other adjustments I need to make?

Thanks,

Jeff

·
Old School Z-1 Tweaker
21 Posts
Hey Aquasport
sorry missed a letter typing my email address here is my correct address.
let me know if you need those gaskets.
[email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts