Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the F11 is back together. I have installed and adjusted the clutch release per the manual, however when the bike is NOT running, but in gear, it won't release when the clutch lever is pulled in. I have double checked everything per the manual and can't figure it out.

The only think I can think of is that this is normal when the bike is not running.

Can anyone comment? Again - if it's in gear, shut off, I figured I could pull the clutch lever in and roll the bike freely - not the case.

What's wrong?

FYI: I didn't remove/replace any of the clutch plates, etc. I only had the release mechanism on the left removed and was replaced and adjusted per the book - I'm stumped.

Help!

J

·
Registered
19 Posts
Your bike should roll freely ~ possibly the clutch plates are frozen together, from either sitting or being overly dry? Or warped so that even in the released position they are still bound?

David

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok - It was working fine on the roads last month - I did drain the oil and let it sit for a few weeks while I was working on it. I'll fire it up today and let it warm up to see if they free up.

Thanks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It freed up when I kicked into gear. It jumped a bit but now it's working properly. Unrelated to the clutch....I think I have a bad bearing somewhere. It's very noisy when decelerating, or when RPM is decreasing with no load. I don't know. Might be pulling it apart and doing the bearings and seals. Probably should have just done it while I had it on the bench for the top end. Er...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts