Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my bike is in the fab shop, they want $400-$600 to make it rigid and to cut and lower my fender struts.

this seems very expensive, im thinking about picking the bike back up tomorrow morning before they start work. what do you guys think?

·
Machinist For Sale/Rent
1,234 Posts
my bike is in the fab shop, they want $400-$600 to make it rigid and to cut and lower my fender struts.

this seems very expensive, im thinking about picking the bike back up tomorrow morning before they start work. what do you guys think?
Well that could be cheap or expensive, depends on what you are working on. Making a Gold Wing rigid, could get real pricey. An 800/900, waaay too much I think that scootworks sells a rigid kit for less than half that.

·
This We'll Defend
1,374 Posts
Seems like a waste of a perfectly good shock/spring to me. Bring it by my place and I'll weld some bars to the shock mount for $50.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i didnt realize you live in louisville, id like to make the trip up there sometime anyway. its only about 3-4 hours.

·
Machinist For Sale/Rent
1,234 Posts

i didnt realize you live in louisville, id like to make the trip up there sometime anyway. its only about 3-4 hours.
If only people would divulge the secret info and tell you what they are working on. There is a replacement bar available for Shadows and Vulcans to make a rigid out of it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
for me, im just really into the old school bobber look now, two years after purchasing my bike and since its paid for I don't want to really invest in a new bike just to customize....

and if anyone knows links to this rigid aftermarket secret please tell.

i went down today to get the bike, luckily they haven't started yet. They're going to drop my fender struts and weld them to the swingarm allowing for my fender to set 1" off the back tire... photo's coming mond-tuesday

·
Machinist For Sale/Rent
1,234 Posts
If only people would divulge the secret info and tell you what they are working on. There is a replacement bar available for Shadows and Vulcans to make a rigid out of it.
for me, im just really into the old school bobber look now, two years after purchasing my bike and since its paid for I don't want to really invest in a new bike just to customize....

and if anyone knows links to this rigid aftermarket secret please tell.

i went down today to get the bike, luckily they haven't started yet. They're going to drop my fender struts and weld them to the swingarm allowing for my fender to set 1" off the back tire... photo's coming mond-tuesday
OK, subtle hints aint gettin any where with you so I'll just flat out ask. What are you working on????????????
I can build these said links, but it would be so much easier knowing what it is going to fit, unless you just want any thing I make. In that case I have some adjustable upper links for a Jeep that may or may not fit.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
If you want a true hard tail that is what you are going to pay, at least. Especially if the shop is fabbing it from scratch. You could do a fake hard tail and just replace the shock with a solid bar but I never under stood the point of that.

·
'08 900 custom
739 Posts
Hell you probably could have just bought a rigid frame off of craigslist and swapped everything over from your bike for $600! I'll be curious to see how it looks though. But that price is probably about right with the way places charge for labor.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts