Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1979 kz1000 LTD and I just scored an electronic ignition for it on ebay, but its used and I don't have the install intructions. It's a factory unit. anybody gots the info that they can E-mail me? My bike did not come with an electoonic ignition origialy. What I picked up repaces the points and has a micanical advance but it is a factery part.

·
GHOSTRIDER
3,361 Posts
Welcome to the forum Herman, Your bike should already be factory equipped with electronic ignition.Is something wrong with the ignition system already on the bike?Are you up grading?We need more info...and pics if possible.What part of the ignition system did you purchase? Ignition coils?Pick coils at the advancer plate?Igniter? More detaied and concise info on the question is needed.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum Herman, Your bike should already be factory equipped with electronic ignition.Is something wrong with the ignition system already on the bike?Are you up grading?We need more info...and pics if possible.What part of the ignition system did you purchase? Ignition coils?Pick coils at the advancer plate?Igniter? More detaied and concise info on the question is needed.
the entire advavcer plate

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kz 1000 elctronic ignition

ok, I got the pick coils and the micanical advance but it looks like I still need an igniter.he pick coils and the advance plate came as one pice. It's a stock kawasaki part that I got.

·
This space for rent
687 Posts
Here is a parts diagram from Kawasaki that shows what your bike had when it left the factory.

What does it have now?

1 21148-1009 ADVANCER ASSY,SPARK 1

2 59026-1012 COIL-PULSING AR

3 410B0500 WASHER PLAIN 5MM 3

4 461F0500 WASHER SPRING 5MM 3

5 220B0512 SCREW PAN HEAD 5X12 3

6 555A0408 PIN-SPRING,4X8 1

7 92022-244 WASHER,SPARK ADVANCER 1

8 92001-113 BOLT,SPARK ADVANCER 1

9 28018-1018 RESISTOR ASSY 1

10 21119-5001 IGNITER 1

11 112G0616 BOLT-UPSET,6X16 2

12 461F0600 WASHER SPRING 6MM 2

13 21121-1013 COIL,IGNITION,NO.1&4 1 CYL NOS 1 & 4

14 21121-1014 COIL,IGNITION,NO.2&3 1 CYL NOS 2 & 3

15 92017-014 NUT,LOCK 6MM 4

16 B8ES SPARK PLUG B8ES 4

17 21160-1014 CAP SPARK PLUG AR

18 21132-005 .GROMMET,SPARK PLG CAP 4

19 21131-004 .GROMMET-PLUG CAP,A

20 21160-005 CAP,SPARK PLUG 4 X CANADA

·
Obsessed by Z1's
520 Posts
Hi Steell - The KZ1000-B3 has points NOT electronic ignition

If you go to Kawasaki.com, look under KZ1000-b3 parts diagrams and select IGNITION (KZ1000-B3).

The KZ1000-B3 is a bit of an oddball bike in that all the other KZ1000's that year had electronic, and the crank/charging system on that bike are unique to that one model.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you. I.m finding just how odd this bike is. I picked it up about a year and a half ago for $200 and have been tring to put it back into shape on a SMALL buget (around $100 a month) but I think (know) that a tweeker owned it at some point because I'm findind weird ****, like the lamps in the gages cut out But I love this bike and ride every day.

·
This space for rent
687 Posts
Ah! I see!
I went to 1979 KZ1000 LTD in the parts diagrams, but then clicked on B4 assuming it was a 79 (my 79 is a B4, but it's a 750).

Here's the one for the 79 B3:

·
GHOSTRIDER
3,361 Posts
Those electronic are all fine and dandy until an emp burst overhead. :eek:
This is very true! And not many people care or even know about this "phenomena" shall we say! :wink: I am prepared brother! I have an extra stored in sealed steel cans for the bike and the 350 SB Chevy! Boy Scout Motto, "Be Prepared"

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,842 Posts
I am prepared brother! I have an extra stored in sealed steel cans for the bike and the 350 SB Chevy! Boy Scout Motto, "Be Prepared"
It won't matter since you'll probably be dead from the blast wave or radiation long before you can get that spare installed. :tongue:

·
itching to ride
2,233 Posts
An emp can occur far above us to where we would not get any blast damage. Best to think ahead and not to say it will never happen. I did not know steel would shield from the effects. I thought one would need lead or maybe foil. But have not read up on it so my thoughts may be off.

·
GHOSTRIDER
3,361 Posts
An emp can occur far above us to where we would not get any blast damage. Best to think ahead and not to say it will never happen. I did not know steel would shield from the effects. I thought one would need lead or maybe foil. But have not read up on it so my thoughts may be off.
:santa: Merry Christmas Paul! "Electro Magnetic Pulse" is not to be taken lightly!:eek: Those of us old enough to remember the "Cold War" days and payed attention, will remember alot of information our government shared with "Civil Defence" personnel and even the general public in the case of an "exchange." When I was an apprentice ironworker I was involved in some of the "Minute Man" missile silo installations all over rural Missouri. Everything got encased in steel, not for blast protection, but for EMP so that guidance and launch systems would survive the pulse. I live 75miles south of Offit Air Force Base, home of Strategic Air Command. I took a group of Boy Scouts to Offit and was allowed to go inside a "Looking Glass" 707 and an AWACs 707, The B-52s were restricted as "Chrome Dome" was in full effect at the time!:eek:Its no secret that Offit is a "first strike" facility and many ironworkers made good livings in the construction of various blast resistant structural systems on and off base all around Omaha. Guess where Bush went on 9/11. Civil Defence is an entity that is quietly being phased out, why? I know, and I know you know too:wink: Am I paranoid? No! I just have a God given "heightened state of awareness." They laughed at Noah, They can laugh at me too! "Get ready America, you aint seen nothing yet!" God Bless and a Very Merry Christmas Too All! "Ghostrider, over and out!"

·
itching to ride
2,233 Posts
Glad to see you are aware ghostrider. I try to warn people and some understand and some like being blind.
The bad thing is our govt is willingly turning a blind eye so they can usher us into this new world order they have planned for us peasants.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts