Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
U.S. Army Sgt. Vet.
42 Posts
Funny I was just saying the same thing...LOL I have them just sitting in garage and was wondering if someone would buy them on ebay. But Im sure the shipping would kill me... Good Question for forum! Maybe someone unfortunately laid there ride over and would like some cheap replacements. 150/200 bucks plus shipping? What ever that would be...

·
Can't Go Slow
101 Posts
Any ideas what factory pipes are worth for a 900 Vulcan?
Not much, I think. I just had to replace my aftermarket pipes due to a crack, and was a bit taken back by the replacement cost. One of the options the dealer gave me was to replace them with a "take off" set of stock pipes that had been replaced on a new bike at the time of purchase. They usually have a set or two lying around because the purchaser doesn't want them. Said that if they had one at either of their shops he would put them on for $50 plus labor.

·
2x the bike for 1/2 the $
1,175 Posts
I've seen do go for anywhere from 50 to 100 bucks if they were never used. (i.e. Exhaust was replaced at bike purchase)

·
Big, Bald, Beautiful!
283 Posts
Dealers here will often sell "take-offs" that were replaced with aftermarket pipes for $50.00 or less, depending on how many they have stacked up...

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
Not much, I sold mine for $75 and that was about two yrs ago. Now i've seen them for as low as $25 on the local craigslist.

Now if you want to buy them brand new from a dealer then that's a diff story

·
Rebel Rider
3,646 Posts
Any ideas what factory pipes are worth for a 900 Vulcan?

I would say 0. Most people on VROC or Delphi just give them away for shipping to someone that needs them. Should be what's done here also. I've gave away 2 sets of 800 stockers. Best bet though is to keep them just in case you ever have to put it back to stock.

·
Hardcore Poser
151 Posts
The dealer I bought my bike from was giving them away, had about 8 sets from where people replaced the originals with something louder and didn't want them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.