Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
U.S. Army Sgt. Vet.
42 Posts
Funny I was just saying the same thing...LOL I have them just sitting in garage and was wondering if someone would buy them on ebay. But Im sure the shipping would kill me... Good Question for forum! Maybe someone unfortunately laid there ride over and would like some cheap replacements. 150/200 bucks plus shipping? What ever that would be...

·
Can't Go Slow
101 Posts
Any ideas what factory pipes are worth for a 900 Vulcan?
Not much, I think. I just had to replace my aftermarket pipes due to a crack, and was a bit taken back by the replacement cost. One of the options the dealer gave me was to replace them with a "take off" set of stock pipes that had been replaced on a new bike at the time of purchase. They usually have a set or two lying around because the purchaser doesn't want them. Said that if they had one at either of their shops he would put them on for $50 plus labor.

·
2x the bike for 1/2 the $
1,175 Posts
I've seen do go for anywhere from 50 to 100 bucks if they were never used. (i.e. Exhaust was replaced at bike purchase)

·
Crazy Old Guy
1,189 Posts
I think I paid 50 or 100 including shipping for the second set I bought off Ebay.

·
Crazy Old Guy
1,189 Posts
I kept my 'original' exhaust and modified the set I bought . . .

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Can't be too much, I got mine for 125 shipping included 2 years ago.

·
Registered
112 Posts
i would like to have an extra set. but wonder what shipping would cost?
I was going to ship my set to Michigan thru UPS and they weigh 26 lbs for the cost of $37,that is with insurance.

·
Big, Bald, Beautiful!
283 Posts
Dealers here will often sell "take-offs" that were replaced with aftermarket pipes for $50.00 or less, depending on how many they have stacked up...

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
Not much, I sold mine for $75 and that was about two yrs ago. Now i've seen them for as low as $25 on the local craigslist.

Now if you want to buy them brand new from a dealer then that's a diff story

·
Rebel Rider
3,646 Posts
Any ideas what factory pipes are worth for a 900 Vulcan?

I would say 0. Most people on VROC or Delphi just give them away for shipping to someone that needs them. Should be what's done here also. I've gave away 2 sets of 800 stockers. Best bet though is to keep them just in case you ever have to put it back to stock.

·
Hardcore Poser
151 Posts
The dealer I bought my bike from was giving them away, had about 8 sets from where people replaced the originals with something louder and didn't want them.

·
2007 900 Classic
2,517 Posts
I think that our hosts were darn near giving away stockers for a while for not much more than shipping.

·
just cruzin by!
1,398 Posts
They are probably worth more if you just take them to a recycling center.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks, I won't waste time with Ebay. I guess I will post em here to see if any interest and just plan to hang onto them if and when I sell the bike.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I think the hard part would be packaging them do not to get damaged, it would take a pretty big box.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts