Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what a fair price for a ABS version is??? I just picked one up for $12,200 and think I got a heck of a deal....

·
Registered
167 Posts
Great Deal! I just bought a non-ABS for 11500 and felt like I had stolen something.
Welcome to the fast growing crowd of Connie pilots, you're going to love this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did not want to offend anyone who paid MSRP.......... I put on 150 miles today and would have ridden all day but I needed to spend time with my kids. I had several people stop to see what I was riding and my comment was the best ST on the road......

·
Registered
14 Posts
dl

Well it didn't offend me!:D While I didn't get near that good of a buy, I did ok...but the price I paid was worth every penny. This motorcycle is exactly what I've been wanting for years. It is the Goldwing of big Sportbikes. It's basically a ZX14 with a sane seating position and hard bags. And it fits my style perrrrrrrrfectly.

One big plus to where you live....year round riding! It's 28 degrees where I'm at.

·
Red is Faster
1,237 Posts
With tt&l my non-ABS ran out at 12,200. Sounds like you got a great deal. Congrats.
And post up pictures or this crowd will get ugly.

·
Registered
966 Posts
thats a great price where did u get it I want to get one at that price.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I would say you guys got good buys. That is right at what I paid the day they were released to the public back at the beginning of summer. There isn't alot of mark up on a bike like some autos.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I picked it up at ST. Pete Kawi in Florida, they cater to the military. It is a small family owned, stand alone dealership and Ed was great to deal with. I will be getting lots of windshield time starting tomorrow, just moved down here from Michigan and hate having to ride all year in great weather......

·
Registered
23 Posts
I want one! The Concourse is neat!

If I could afford one right now, this is what I think I would buy. A lot of features, especially the engine, I like about this bike. I really love 4 cylinders and think I probably am owning my last Big-twin motorcycle right now. The Mean Streak is ok, and I will have to be happy for now, but the Connie makes more sense for my type of riding fun. I love high technology bikes, classic stuff is ok, but not as much fun for me. I guess it comes from my engineering background and the love for technology advancement. All you guys riding this machine please tell us about it more, I want to know about this bike very much. Thanks for telling us about this fine machine.

·
Registered
50 Posts
If you read the small print on the buy it now 11.189. The price does NOT include dealer prep set-up fees, and several other "fess" that bring the price right back to around 11,800 before taxes. Many E-Bay non-ABS bikes are listed around 11,800 out the door ( plus state tax ).

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
If you read the small print on the buy it now 11.189. The price does NOT include dealer prep set-up fees, and several other "fess" that bring the price right back to around 11,800 before taxes. Many E-Bay non-ABS bikes are listed around 11,800 out the door ( plus state tax ).
Besides shipping if you're not from the area.

·
Premium Member
2,603 Posts
If I could afford one right now, this is what I think I would buy. A lot of features, especially the engine, I like about this bike. I really love 4 cylinders and think I probably am owning my last Big-twin motorcycle right now...
I'm sorta in the same thought process -and unfortunately the same finances :frown:

About the only downside I've seen on the new C14 is the reported hot ride from that engine (TX & LA riders are already hot enough :shock: ), and I'm not very excited about having to do valve adjustments on a regular basis. Understand I'm comparing the speedy C14 to my liesurely Nomad as they would perform the same roles (commuting & long tours with hardbags a must).

My only other quibble with all these big bikes is the silly need for premium gas :mad:

·
Red is Faster
1,237 Posts
I'll delivery for free

course it'll have a lot more miles on it and I'll take the scenic route too

·
Registered
477 Posts
I'm sorta in the same thought process -and unfortunately the same finances :frown:

About the only downside I've seen on the new C14 is the reported hot ride from that engine (TX & LA riders are already hot enough :shock: ), and I'm not very excited about having to do valve adjustments on a regular basis. Understand I'm comparing the speedy C14 to my liesurely Nomad as they would perform the same roles (commuting & long tours with hardbags a must).

My only other quibble with all these big bikes is the silly need for premium gas :mad:
Kawasaki doesn't even recommend checking the valves until after 15,000 miles. There have already been several riders doing their best to test out the unlimited mile warranty and at 18,xxx and over 20,xxx they didn't need to adjust the valves when they were checked.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Can anyone tell me what a fair price for a ABS version is??? I just picked one up for $12,200 and think I got a heck of a deal....
What was the dealerships name and is that there normal price.

·
Red is Faster
1,237 Posts
look up at reply #10

1 - 20 of 21 Posts