Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there some sort of side guard you can get for a 2009 Ninja 500R so that there's less of a chance of damaging parts if the bike falls over standing still?

My bike tipped over today when taking it off the center stand. :( Got the mirror and edge of the right grip. Paint was only chipped in a small area but I don't want it to happen again.

I know Ducatti has these removable ABS plastic bumper things that stick out on the sides of the bike to stop from getting body damage if it falls over.

·
2007 900 Classic
2,517 Posts
You can get sliders for a sport bike that will help save plastic. Just do an internet search for them.

·
Registered
20,606 Posts

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Stunt riders use a variety of different things to protect their bikes so they can continue to ride them after a nasty drop. Google "motorcycle stunt parts" and quite a few sites will come up.

·
2007 900 Classic
2,517 Posts
Is there some sort of side guard you can get for a 2009 Ninja 500R so that there's less of a chance of damaging parts if the bike falls over standing still?

My bike tipped over today when taking it off the center stand. :( Got the mirror and edge of the right grip. Paint was only chipped in a small area but I don't want it to happen again.

I know Ducatti has these removable ABS plastic bumper things that stick out on the sides of the bike to stop from getting body damage if it falls over.
And BTW I spent 20 years in the USAF. Thanks for your service.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm well BRG doesn't want to call me back for some reason (3 phone calls into them).

So I realize front sliders may not be interchangeable between models but is there a 'universal' rear slider I can get to replace the rear foot-pegs? I don't plan on ever using them for a passenger. They don't really have to hold anything (like the fronts would) just be firm if the bike happens to fall over.

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
keep calling them.

you can also usually buy universal sliders that mount on the front forks, the swingarm and handlebar ends. those usually aren't bike specific.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts