Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that this is a Kawi sight, but the EXUP sites bit.
I've noticed from time to time that when going from 4th to 5th, it will go into neutal. Not the neutral indicated between 1 and 2.
Is this normal or a sign of trouble to come.
When it happens I'm just barely pushing the shift lever up enough to make it move out of gear and into the next. Is that rider error maybe.
BTW always using the clutch etc.
Also it only seems to happen when I go from 2nd(after getting on it a little) and quick upshift 3,4,5th. So by the time I'm in 5th its baby smooth thats why I shift in that manner some times.

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
yep rider error......... just pull up harder or adjust pedal so you pull up more... I HATE THE NEUTRAL FINDER myself....

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep rider error......... just pull up harder or adjust pedal so you pull up more... I HATE THE NEUTRAL FINDER myself....
Thanks, I don't have to unbolt anything to fix me.:smile:

·
Registered
60 Posts
With shifting you always want to give it a positive thrust up or down to fully engage the gear. I have a few of the false neutrals when I first started riding and it stopped as soon as I got the advice kick it hard into each gear.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With shifting you always want to give it a positive thrust up or down to fully engage the gear. I have a few of the false neutrals when I first started riding and it stopped as soon as I got the advice kick it hard into each gear.
I'll kick it. Thanks I was trying to be smooth...It didn't work.

elr658-sill can't find boots, but its raining today. I'm gonna keep on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts