Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just notice that the fan is not running , and I have not noticed it at all since I installed the new V & H pipes, wonder if they perhaps make the engine run cooler since less
back pressure, I did check the fuse, and jumped a wire at the fan connection and it works, surely the fan temp switch is not bad, The red temp light has not come on,

any thought guys?

Dave

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Dave Relax I heard my fan run once two years ago . Yes the pipes help keep it cooler . But it has too be real hot to make the fan run (like sitting at a stop sign for 20 min. in 100 degree weather). thats what's nice about liquid cooled, even if the fan come on it will only run for short periods of time, until you get rolling again then it shut's off. don`t worry about it , even if the fan didn't work you,ve got an overheat light on the nacell.

·
Registered
694 Posts
The Vulcan 800 is the first water cooled motorcycle i have ever owned. I have been a little concerned about the fan also, as I have yet to hear or see it run. But the light has never come on, so it must be fine like you said Woodchucks800. I also have V & H pipes. With the rumble of the exhaust I figured I just couldn't hear the fan.

BTW I enjoy reading all the posts on this forum, and have learned a few things lately, I was away from riding for over 15yrs, but trying to make up for lost time.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
RW You'll hear the fan if it comes on but that will only be at a stop, the air when riding will keep it cool . Hearing from other 800 riders there fan rarely come on either. So don't sweat it. Just go out an ride because you've got some catching up to do. Enjoy an be safe. Dwaine

·
Registered
837 Posts
just like they said...mine only comes on when im puttin round town in slow traffic in 100 deg heat...other than that...dont need it :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts