Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey there,have been reading this forum and thought I should get with it today and login.
I have an 04 meanstreak which I have been altering over the last few months-mirrors ,custom mounts and mini clear indicators,billet pegs,chrome and oring grips,gutted standard pipes and no "goats bladder",marbled,200 rear tyre,rear plastic mudflap and plate mount removed,side mount plate,debadged,helmet locks relocated,rectifier relocated,mustang seat, etc and now thinking about 1 1/2 inch bars internal wiring and braided brake lines maybe with a little more pull back than standard.-anybody done this yet?Have seen also colored stainless lines by Goodrich advertised somewhere-anybody seen those?recommendations appreciated.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
**** dude- you should post some pics in the "Show off your ride" section. You can use file attatchments or link to pics on a website. Wish I could be of some help with your handlebars =(.

Phatboy

·
Registered
132 Posts
Phatboy said:
**** dude- you should post some pics in the "Show off your ride" section. You can use file attatchments or link to pics on a website. Wish I could be of some help with your handlebars =(.

Phatboy

Yea...Lets see some pictures of that thing. The picture in your signature doesn't seem to do it justice. It sounds like a sweet ride.

BTW, how do you like the 200 series rear tire? Do you think it really beefs up the back end? How does it handle and more importantly how does it sound with the gutted pipes and no goat bladder.

Here is a site on those colored lines http://www.galferusa.com/lines.html

BTW, welcome aboard, glad you started posting cuz it seems like you have a passion for your Meanie like the rest of us.

WE WANT PICTURES!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
photo of meanandgreen

see if this attachement works....nup!still cant attach-will try in the show yer ride section

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
photo of meanandgreen

see if this attachement works....nup!still cant attach-will try in the show yer ride section....hang on I think Ive finally got it!I need more IT training!

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
That's a beauty! Very Nice! :)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Nice job on the Meanie. Sorry I can't answer you handle bar question, but I am sure somebody here will have the info for you.

·
Registered
875 Posts
i put biker choice wild 1 chubby low profile drags 1 1/4" on my meanie they are really made for a harley and are recessed for rubber mounts so i made a ss spacer to fill the voiid under the bars and made special bolts to go from 1/2' to 10mm also moved the brake lines to the back of tree so they would reach alot of work. if i can find a solid triple tree i may rubber mount the bars later. but cruiser performance now has bars made for the meanie check them out.they will be alot less work. i haven't put my wiring inside yet but probably will. these bars come back alittle farther i do like it better.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
fat bars

mmmmm those Cruiser performance bars look great.Will measure those specs against current to see how they fit.
Here also is a pic of the bypass I made to use standard pipes a whole lot better in sound.I used the stainless bends that are part of the standard system and cut and shut them to suit - took about a day of taking the pipes on and off, tacking and then welding.I also cut out rear baffle with hole saw and then punched 1" hole thru the internal baffles - did one at a time and then rode to check sound .Ended up punching thru 3 baffles in each pipe.Nice deep sound and real throaty on acceleration.Not as loud as Cobra slash cuts but you can cruise past the cops with out a look from them.Nail it and people notice alright!
Prob not the best setup for flow but only cost me a day of my time and $5 of stainless welding rods.
You can also see rectifier relocation.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I like the rectifier relocation, simple and clean, I keep looking at mine thinking how odd it looks. I think you just pushed me.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah-gets plenty of air in that location- just a piece of aluminium flat and the original bolts.Wiring not moved or anything.Am thinking about filling the space...small stainless steel shaped box for wet weather gear or maybe a compressor for airride type adjustable rear shocks - turn the key off and it slams her to the deck when parked!key on and it pumps to preset height!mmmmmm

·
Registered
199 Posts
Meanandgreen, that is awesome. I was trying to think of a way to get the stock pipes to sound better, but ended up getting some HK 3". I might ask for more detail on the rectifier relocation. I think that is the next project for my meanie. Keep up the good work

·
Registered
806 Posts
BTW, Scootworks has a small storage box that fits right into the rectifier slot. May be silly to ship to Aussie (and over $200US) but at least it gives you some ideas. I saw it when I was on the site last week.

If you do hide the cable's I'm interested in what you do with the throttle cable/assembly. When I had mine apart to put on my new grips I was looking for a way to modify the stock assembly but think you'd need a completely different throttle assembly as I've read about in some of the custom mags where people have done the same.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts