Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Given I can't ride, I'm reduced to running memories through my mind over and over again.

I'm sure everyone has their "favorite" corner, sweeper, twisty, or curve.

Here's a couple close to home that I enjoy. Sometimes you think that the road engineers must also be motorcycle freaks.

·
TV Guru
11,779 Posts
This is my favorite part of the route I take to visit my parents:

Route 23 through the Catskills - Google Maps

Another favorite that's a bit more local to me is Route 7 North, past Kent Falls State Park (where you can view some great waterfalls), through the outskirts of the town of Cornwall Bridge to Route 128 via the covered bridge.

·
My hat is made of tinfoil
20,826 Posts
The road to sun peaks resorts near kamloops BC canada is great to.

Or the HWY from new denver to kaslo in BC

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The road to sun peaks resorts near kamloops BC canada is great to.

Or the HWY from new denver to kaslo in BC
Kaslo to New Denver is like riding in Heaven. Fresh pavement, mile upon mile of endless corners.........and almost no other traffic to contend with.

·
My hat is made of tinfoil
20,826 Posts
Kaslo to New Denver is like riding in Heaven. Fresh pavement, mile upon mile of endless corners.........and almost no other traffic to contend with.
Ya its really nice Carlo.

Also try East shuswap road near kamloops.

Agate bay road from mclure to agate bay.

HWY 24 from little fort to 100 mile is nice.

the sun peaks road is great and eat a slice of great pizza at mountain high pizza at the top.

kamloops to Merritt on the old HWY 5 south, and then HWY 8 from Merritt to the Canyon is good to.

If ever way up north in BC take the HWY just north of chetwynd and turn to go into Tumbler ridge, then take the road from Tumbler back out that comes out nearer dawson creek.
Its a pretty loop of about 180 kms and well worth it.
If you have extra time once to Tumbler the road that follows the river up about 20 kms to the water falls is basically just 20 kms of great turns.
A straight stretch on that road is literally about 30 yards long.
:biggrin:

·
Registered
460 Posts
Favorite Curves

I'm surprised no one responded with the obvious.

Here are some of mine.....

:)

·
07 900 Classic
586 Posts
Tail of the Dragon in Tn and NC. Second is The Snake between Bristol and Mt City Tn. Lots of roads around here are pretty twisty as this is the foot hills of the Cumberland Mts. Pappie

·
Wannabe Poser
3,446 Posts
Rt.116 out of Deerfield, Ma. like a mini dragon. Mohawk trail Rt.2 is awesome and Rt.9 out of Bennington Vt. over to Brattleboro Vt. is fantastic.

·
I'm your Huckleberry
3,317 Posts
Highway 79. The turns in this section are fast (as are all on this road...55 mph speed limit), blind (lots of trees) and during/after the turn I have circled, it drops down in elevation to the plains below.

The turn I have circled is where the elevation starts to drop...so you speed up a bit in this blind corner. There's absolutely no run-off anywhere in this section. I passed a VERY slow SUV going into this corner on my 900 Custom...speedo was showing 70 when I got into the turn and before I knew it, I was dragging the right peg, trying to stay in my lane.

The other hairpin-looking turn before that one has a side road perpendicular to it that goes to a scenic over-look (I've taken a few pictures there...posted them here in a few threads)...its a pretty dangerous corner because of that...its blind, and with traffic, they could easily pull out in front of you truly without seeing you. Not to mention they tend to string out a little bit of gravel. I always take that one slower because of those things.

Apparently the road is currently closed because a section has washed out...I haven't been down there to see exactly where...but its pretty depressing because those are the ONLY curves in the area :frown:

Attachments

·
Lets Ride 08 900 Custom
852 Posts
A favorite of So Cal is Hwy. 2 from LaCanada to Wrightwood. unfortunatly it is closed for a while because we had a real big fire go through there last year and now we are having mud slides in the area

·
Banned
97 Posts
tail of the Dragon (mentioned before) aka Deals Gap Road,,Suck Creek Road from Chattanooga to Powells Crossroads, old Highway 41 from Chatt to Jasper Tennessee(25 miles that parallels the TN River and goes thru the Tennessee Gorge), and the road from Monteagle to Cowen TN. Curves,curves,curves and spectacular scenery.BJ

·
We need a Sarcasm Font!
3,864 Posts
tum tum washington - Google Maps

Don't know how to get the actual picture to post, but here's a link. A couple of nice hairpins going up out of the lake area after you have some real nice sweepers along the lake.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Here's one or three for my fellow Left Coast riders; SoCal is full of mountain roads, and I like the Ortega Hwy from the Orange Co. beach over the mtns to Lake Elsinor, then there's Hwy 2, also known as Angeles Crest Highway, and in NoCal one of the most gorgeous rides is Hwy 20, from Willets, over the Coast Range, to Mendocino on the coast. It can be over a 100 in Willets, then cool and cloudy in Mendocino.

·
Old Man Riding
930 Posts
Tail of the Dragon in Tn and NC. Second is The Snake between Bristol and Mt City Tn. Lots of roads around here are pretty twisty as this is the foot hills of the Cumberland Mts. Pappie
Add to The Dragon and the Snake - Cherohala Pkwy - mainly sweepers, but major fun and LOOOONNNG - hehe - love to ride that road. Sweeeeeet!! Wish I were there right now - with Halle waiting...wait a minute - hehe :mrgreen: - did I say that aloud? Whew!

·
07 900 Classic
586 Posts
Add to The Dragon and the Snake - Cherohala Pkwy - mainly sweepers, but major fun and LOOOONNNG - hehe - love to ride that road. Sweeeeeet!! Wish I were there right now - with Halle waiting...wait a minute - hehe :mrgreen: - did I say that aloud? Whew!
I forgot about the Cherohala Skyway. Did that the last trip to the Dragon. Pappie

1 - 20 of 32 Posts