Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the site, so I have 3 years of questions to ask.

I have a 95 Vulcan VN800A, with aftermarket pipes and a K&N air filter.

I'm thinking about switching to an open element air filter, re-jetting it, and lowering it in the back.

MAW has lowering kits for @$50, non adjustable. I've also seen adjustable kits 1-3" for $100. I've already been warned agianst the 3"drop.
Which lowering kit do you prefer?

For the people who are running just the aftermarket pipes and hypercharger, what are your carb setting and jet sizes?

Does anyone know the stock horsepower rating of this bike?

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
first off, welcome, second ask away all you want, thats what we are here for. Sorry I can't help with the 800 but there are many 800 a and b riders who can...

·
Registered
488 Posts
I read on another site that was linked through this site that it has 55 HP. As far as lowering it I would not do it because I used to s****e the pegs fairly often and the bike rides really nice anyway. Also if you plan on anyone riding with you it tends to set it down a little.

Hope this helps and I cant remember the site I saw the rating on.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
DeathTrap said:
I'm new to the site, so I have 3 years of questions to ask.

I have a 95 Vulcan VN800A, with aftermarket pipes and a K&N air filter.

I'm thinking about switching to an open element air filter, re-jetting it, and lowering it in the back.

MAW has lowering kits for @$50, non adjustable. I've also seen adjustable kits 1-3" for $100. I've already been warned agianst the 3"drop.
Which lowering kit do you prefer?

For the people who are running just the aftermarket pipes and hypercharger, what are your carb setting and jet sizes?

Does anyone know the stock horsepower rating of this bike?
First welcome Deathtrap. I'm running a HC an cruizers an I've got a 50 primary jet,165 main jet an the kuryakyn needle with the clip on the second notch with 2 shims top an bottom of needle. The A?F mixture screw out 2 1/2 turns. The shims on top of the needle aren't neccessary but it tends to keep the needlt from fluttering in heavy crosswinds. anything else just ask. slaming the back end you have a couple of options(looks like you found them)I wouldn't do it if your riding two up alot, but now an then it won't be a problem. Just bump the preload up on the rear shock to Six or seven.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts