Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in August I purchased a Candy Lime Green 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak and since then I have changed customized the bike quite a bit to make it fit my style and personality. I've got over 3k miles on her now.

Over the past weekend I had the opportunity to ride it quite a bit and I must say that I love it, more than I ever thought I would. When I ride it people give me the thumbs up, tell me how much they like the bike ask me questions, talk about getting one of their own, etc. When I ride it I feel free and relaxed as if nothing else matters. The reason that I felt the need to say this is because I also have a 210+rwhp year 2000 Suzuki Hayabusa 1300 sportbike that I've had for over 4 years. The performance of my particular bike is outrageous. It'll run the quarter mile in 9.6 seconds (w/me at the controls) and do an honest 190+mph...It'll probably top 200mph if I had a road that was long enough, but the looks I get when I ride that aren't as favorable, in fact most people probably can't stand it because of the way most of the people who have them ride it.

I'm just rambling now, but honestly...I think I like my new cruiser better than I like my Hayabusa and that is saying something, cuz I love my BUSA also, but when I ride it I don't get the same feeling of joy as when I ride the Meanie. I rode it into work today after I voted for Mr. John Kerry for president and I can't wait to ride her home this evening.

I'm done...I hope everyone has a great day and I hope John Kerry wins the election.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
"I voted for Mr. Kerry " - :D We have something i common besides our Candy Lime Green 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streaks. However, I don't have a Hayabusa but have a Kawasaki ZRX1200 (also in Kawasaki Green).

Paul

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
I hear you, btreaves. I have a feeling of bliss when I ride my Vulcan, unlike the way I've ever felt on any other motorcycle. I just love that bike. I keep asking my husband if he's jealous because I'm having a love affair with my bike. LOL My hubby's bike handles really nice and is one sweet bike, but I would just rather ride my cruiser. I've been riding in COLD weather (it was 39 degrees when I rode into work one morning last week), but I just can't stand to go out in the garage and get into my car when my bike is standing right there, looking at me with those big soft eyes, calling out to me...

I'm a fickle lover, though. Already I'm thinking about abandoning my current love for a bigger and better model next year--a 1600 classic, maybe? hee hee

It's cold today, but I'm going to ride to work in a couple of hours, anyway. It's too beautiful of a day to pass up.

BTW, I voted for Kerry, too. Woo hoo!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi btreaves,

We all need and do show off our personalities on things we own.
Especially with our bikes, cars, and homes.

Doing it makes our toys more fun.
I like my Nomad more now than I did when I bought it in April 04.

So what are you getting your bike for Christmas?

Good Riding
DfgPilot

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh and this is the other thing I love...The people who ride cruisers are great...Sportbike riders are cool in all, but we're all so competitive when it comes to speed and I'm getting tired of that macho BS.

It's nice to know that people feel just like I do. I live in the Washington, DC metro area and we've been getting some good weather lately...Low 70's high 60's...can't beat that for November. Oh and as for your hustband thinking your in love with your bike...My wife feels the same bike about both of my bikes, but up until now I've been able to keep her believing that she's number one...She is...Really.

What am I getting my Meanie for Christmas...I'd like tool bag for under the headlight and one to hang off the back of my sissy bar. I need a little room for storage, but not much...Not ready for saddle bags anytime soon.

Other than that...I'm done.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Boy this post sure did sum up my year. Going from an FZ1 to a Vulcan Classic was the best move I made this year (other than voting for Bush today :D )

The ride, the relaxation, the crowd, the enjoyment...I love this bike. I don't miss the "pressure" of riding a sport bike, and I'm looking forward to many thousands of touring miles. Cheers btreaves!

Go George! 8)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Don't speak to soon. Your wish list could still grow.

I'm up here in the NE and recently went with some people to the Vanson Leathers wearhouse. It was chilly that day around 40 degrees at 6:30AM. However, I was dressed for it. Some of the riders had on heated vests which plug into an auxilary power supply on their bikes, Moving Map GPS, and one had a pretty nice looking tank bag. There is always room for more Chrome.

For me most of the big things I've done. Amen!
It's all about the little things now! :D

DfgPilot

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"The pressure of riding a sportbike." That's a great way to say it.

At least we can agree on something...

Did I say... GO KERRY!

Ken said:
Boy this post sure did sum up my year. Going from an FZ1 to a Vulcan Classic was the best move I made this year (other than voting for Bush today :D )

The ride, the relaxation, the crowd, the enjoyment...I love this bike. I don't miss the "pressure" of riding a sport bike, and I'm looking forward to many thousands of touring miles. Cheers btreaves!

Go George! 8)

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I love riding my Mean Streak, and feel like I am “in the moment” when riding. However, there is a downside to riding – the distance between two locations seem to get longer.

When I drive my car to work, it is only 3 ½ miles going to work, and 3 ½ miles coming home from work. However, when I ride, it is 3 ½ miles going to work but coming home distance varies anywhere from 3 ½ miles to 20 miles. The other day, I went to the gym on my Mean Streak. It is only 5 miles when I am driving. However, when I got to the gym with my Mean Streak, somehow I had traveled over 40 miles. Its got to be the Time-Space distortion or something.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I love reading these posts, but is there anywhere that we can post pictures of us on our bikes on this website...I know I can post in a message, but is there anywhere else? It'd be nice to have a picture of everyone next to their bike...Especially any ladies of course!

ppark said:
I love riding my Mean Streak, and feel like I am “in the moment” when riding. However, there is a downside to riding – the distance between two locations seem to get longer.

When I drive my car to work, it is only 3 ½ miles going to work, and 3 ½ miles coming home from work. However, when I ride, it is 3 ½ miles going to work but coming home distance varies anywhere from 3 ½ miles to 20 miles. The other day, I went to the gym on my Mean Streak. It is only 5 miles when I am driving. However, when I got to the gym with my Mean Streak, somehow I had traveled over 40 miles. Its got to be the Time-Space distortion or something.

·
Registered
534 Posts
You guys must have read my mind. I rode my mean streak in to work today and I had such a great ride, not to mention not sitting in that 405 traffic, .... it was a parking lot out there. However, for me the best ride on my mean streak was a few weeks ago when I rode home from test riding a HD V-Rod and a Buell. I got to ride those bikes, but there is nothing like my mean streak! It was an early Sunday afternoon and as I rode back home, I got a few thums up and lots of stares. Had a huge grin on my face the whole time ... I Just sat back, was totaly relaxed and became one with the bike. Somehow, it was dark when I got back home and my gas tank was empty... must be that Time-Space-Mean-Streak distortion thing.....

·
Registered
459 Posts
Meanie speedo

Speaking of the time-distance continuum, I tested the Meanie speedo today with one of those stand-alone radar speed check machines along a 30 MPH, 2-lane road. I read in one magazine that the Meanie they tested registered 9 MPH too fast at an indicated 60 mph. My speedo read 30 mph on the screen, but my speed was actually 27 mph. I recommend if you have the opportunity, check it out at a much faster speed.
Ride safely.
Steve Andriks

·
Registered
148 Posts
You guys get that T.S.M.S.D. when riding your moto too. I rode to work in shorts on tues. so. cali. cant beat it, im off today time for some more of that T.S.M.S.D. Im going around the corner hunny, down the coast hwy 1, oops dont tell, hehe.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I too love my Meanie. I have a friend that had been looking at the V-Star for quite a while. I let him take my bike out and now he wants a Meanie of his own. He said the hell with the v-star I want one of these.

Four more years :lol: Four more years :lol:

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
love the meanie

I love my Meanie too, went for the last ride last night then put her away for the winter. ****, it was cold out there.
Sorry about Kerry, It seems that all of us up here in the Great White north would have voted for Kerry also. I hope you get your chance again in 4 years.
Carlo.
Penticton, BC Canada

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
pics

btreaves
there is a forum on here called "want to show off your ride ?"
funny that you mention people as there is a people pic post on there that is fairly new, as a matter of fact i think the title is "people pics" i am actually going to go find it and post a new one of me.

as far as your original post, i couldn't agree with you more. people on cruisers are just so much more apt to just ride, and pick up other riders along the way, just to ride. don't get me wrong, i have a bunch of buddies that ride crotch rockets, but they are also typical sport riders (sorry to all of you who aren't , and i know there are some of you on this site), it all about who's bike is faster, or who's is better. you go to a cruise night with a bunch of harley riders and you don't even see that, just everyone looking at all the bikes. alright, i'm done rambling !!

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
All of you that were rooting for Kerry are losers =P

:wink:

I need to find a meanie owner around here so I can take one for a spin :twisted:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: bush

Yea, but can you tell me why you voted for Bush...I'm not trying to start an argument, I'm just trying to get some understanding, because if you look at his record over the last 4 years it doesn't really seem that he deserved another 4 years.

I'm certainly glad that I voted for Kerry, cuz I think he deserved a shot at the office more than Bush did.

ispeed77 said:
oh yeah, after all my rambling i forgot to add :

so glad i voted for BUSH !!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
"All of you that were rooting for Kerry are losers =P " - I think we are all losers now. :(

1 - 20 of 25 Posts