Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well yesturday i went to kawa dealer to find some riding pants that my father will be buy for me for xmas. sucked that they discontinued the pants that i really wanted and the place i found a pair (bikebandit) had only one left and its a large, i need a small so i need to find something else or maybe ill get lucky and find a pair somewhere else who knows but while i was there i looked around to see what bikes they had and i had been debating with myself on what my next bike would be when i buy a new one in about 1 year to 2 years from now i was thinking about a gixxer 1000 or the zx10 (07 because the 08 are just ugly) well that had both. i like the look of the gixxer but when i sat on it it was way heavier than i thought it would be and when i sat in the riding position , the bike felt weird i didnt like it at all. went to sit on the 10 style is sexy and i think they had the famous green one and a bright red one i like the red on i sat on it it felt like it had no weight to it at all. almost like i could just pick it up and throw it across the room. i got in the riding position. man it felt great. i fell in love with it i wanted to bring her home with me so bad sucks being in college and being broke. lol one day real soon though ill be out of college and doing good and she will be mine. so thats my love story for the day

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
After sitting on a ton of bikes at the motorcycle show, I found that Kawi does a really good job of making their bikes light. Some of the other brand sport bikes felt like they weighed a ton. There were a couple I couldn't even get off the kickstand (not that I am all that strong anyway).

·
Registered
11,821 Posts
The 10R was the lightest of the 1000s before the new gixxer I believe...+/- a few pounds...It does feel light when you are moving...Very light. Standstill it feels light...Did you know my 10R is lighter than the 2003 600rr I had...It is that light. It is a nice bike. The 636 felt big while the 10R though it looks big feels small.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Funny. The '06 & '07 10R's look the biggest, but feel so light. Mine feels way lighter and a hell of a lot more flickable than my '03 636.

·
Registered
157 Posts
It's interesting to see how different bikes fit different people. I was recently sitting on everything I could get my butt on at the motorcycle show and I found that I wasn't a big fan of any of the new Kawasakis. I absolutely loved the new GSXR 750. There is a good chance that will be my next bike. I guess there is a reason there are so many different bikes out there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts