Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Does it use your existing rear turn signals? I want a rear elim., but I am wanting to put flush mounts on the rear to match my front. Is it possible with this kit to do this?

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
03SSgt said:
Does it use your existing rear turn signals? I want a rear elim., but I am wanting to put flush mounts on the rear to match my front. Is it possible with this kit to do this?
This does use the factory turn signals, but if you're gonna do flush mounts then don't buy the eliminator kit, its useless to ya, just go make one yourself with .10 worth of sheetmetal. you don't need to have holes for turn signals then, just a little bracket for the license plate.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Freakinout said:
This does use the factory turn signals, but if you're gonna do flush mounts then don't buy the eliminator kit, its useless to ya, just go make one yourself with .10 worth of sheetmetal. you don't need to have holes for turn signals then, just a little bracket for the license plate.
My friend and I are devising a home made kit with sheetmetal and flush mounts as we speak. :twisted:

Thanks for the advise :D

SSgt Andrus

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
You must have some nice roads

Looks like you are getting to use ALL of the tire, not just the center of it. Definately the kit is worth what you paid for it...seriously makes the bike look clean! How much in weight savings would you "Guess-timate?

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: You must have some nice roads

ZX-2R said:
Looks like you are getting to use ALL of the tire, not just the center of it. Definately the kit is worth what you paid for it...seriously makes the bike look clean! How much in weight savings would you "Guess-timate?
weight savings is not going to be significant, maybe a few ounces at most. The stock plastic fender doesn't weight much. and that is my old tire, the stock one from the factory with 12K miles on it. I'm now almost 1K miles into my new diablo.

·
Road Snot Needs A Kleenex
364 Posts
and that is my old tire, the stock one from the factory with 12K miles on it. I'm now almost 1K miles into my new diablo.
****, and i thought I did good by getting almost 8,100 miles out of my stock tire.

To the rest of you that want to make a fender elim kit, don't forget that the Competition Werkes kit also allows you to keep your under seat storage also.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
rlovrin1 said:
and that is my old tire, the stock one from the factory with 12K miles on it. I'm now almost 1K miles into my new diablo.
****, and i thought I did good by getting almost 8,100 miles out of my stock tire.

To the rest of you that want to make a fender elim kit, don't forget that the Competition Werkes kit also allows you to keep your under seat storage also.
yes it does. and that is a very nice feature.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Definately looks nice!

Cleans up the entire rear section . I think that the fender (drag chute looking Factory thing is way to much distraction from a sport bike look and design). Nice work and it looks great!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts