Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Road Snot Needs A Kleenex
364 Posts
I love the way mine looked when I put mine on last year too. Makes A big difference in the look of the bike. Next on my list is flush mount directionals.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought a kit, but I don't really like hacking away if I don't have to also. I'm not all that great at making my cuts look good and smooth.

·
364 Posts
I also bought the kit.

I decided since it only took 20-40 minutes to install, that if I ran into a problem with it, I could put the stock one back one just as quick if needed just incase I had a problem with the local Police.

If I had "Hacked" the stock one, I'd have to go and buy a new one if I had problems.

·
364 Posts
I really wish my bike was out, I'd take a pic of it for you. But ya, the Comp werkes one pulls the directionals right up tight to the rear fender and the license plate is brought in nice and tight.

·
Registered
182 Posts
rlovrin1 said:
I also bought the kit.

I decided since it only took 20-40 minutes to install, that if I ran into a problem with it, I could put the stock one back one just as quick if needed just incase I had a problem with the local Police.

If I had "Hacked" the stock one, I'd have to go and buy a new one if I had problems.
You shouldn't have a problem with the local cops because they look for certain things on your bike when it come to the tail end.

1) The look to see if you plate is legit
2) They look for that nice neat little sticker on it to make sure you registered it
3) They look to make sure your lisence plate is lighted.

(This is NY laws on bike riding)

If all that is good, the cops shouldn't bother you. If they do, it's probably something else or they are harrasing you.

Hope that helps keep you cool when they are following you around.

·
Registered
4 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts