Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering what you guys thought was the best eliminator kit for the stock fender? I keep looking at all these sites and its so hard to determine which one looks the best. Would appreciate it if anyone could refer me to where you purchased yours. Thx.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Be careful about getting a fender eliminator. I know people are starting to complain about cracks forming in the undertail. I suspect that it may be due to some kits not using all the hard mounting points the stock one came with to secure the undertail/tail assembly. For that matter, I've also heard some with only the stock fender still having problems. But the people that seem to have the most are the guys with the fender eliminator kits. So far I haven't found one that I really liked. Competition Werks has one that mounts above the rear tire hugger. Balmoto has a kit that is pretty cheap and many guys like the quality. I've heard some very mixed feedback on the Hotbodies eliminator kit. Complaints range from poor color match to poor mounting. The Hotbodies kit will require you to do some drilling which immediately turned me off to them. So far the only one that I even considered is the Targa kit. The license plate bracket looks nicely made. It's simple and not garish. The only drawback is that you need to drill one hole if you want to mount the license plate light.

Personally, I think I'm gonna keep the stock fender and mount the 05 turn signals to it or get the euro signal for it. The 05 North America signals actually don't look half bad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts