Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 1997 vn 800A and l am 99% to fully customizing it. I'm not pleased with the stock fenders as l am going for the bagger look and the stock ones strike me as being a little sporty. I have been researching the Baron accessories vintage rear and front fenders and l must say that l kind of like the look. Does anyone have this on their bike and if so, do you mind posting a picture? Also, for those of you who are into baggers, what's your take on this?

Thanks.

·
Needs More Cowbell
11,774 Posts
Yea, I think that's the look he's after.
Personally, I prefer the way the 'A' handles vs. the 'B', but that's just my opinion.
The 'B' definately looks better than the 'A' does with bags though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Mumbles, actually the ones that l'm referring to are stretched and they give the bike a vintage look. When you get a chance, please visit "Baron accessories vintage fenders" site and you'll see what l'm talking about. They have fenders for vn 800. Too bad they don't have pictures to illustrate this.

Thanks.

·
Needs More Cowbell
11,774 Posts
And bags are to handy to not have :biggrin:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So Rusty, you seem to be "the go to guy" for right now. Any ideas where l should mount the license plate and the brake light? l'm not sure which route to take here as there are numerous ways out there and none has captured my attention so far. Keep in mind the fenders that l'm thinking of are stretched.

Thanks

·
Needs More Cowbell
11,774 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the link Rusty. l think l'm gonna go with the Cleanup kit for VTX 1300R. This will complement my stretched fenders well since it's got that 'vintage' edge to it. One more thing Rusty. Any ideas on where to relocate the turn signals? l like what they've done with the VTX 1300R, but it doesn't hurt to have couple other ideas.

Thanks.

·
Needs More Cowbell
11,774 Posts
That plate holder would look good, or one of the wrap arounds also. Not sure what to do with the turn signals... (thinking).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Rusty, it's me again. Do you know where l can find shinko whitewalls tires 140/90-16 for the rear and 80/90-21 for the front? Thanks

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Try motorcycle superstore or just go to the Shinko site. The prices they have listed are almost $10 higher than what I have found a internet stores.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks djh3. One more thing. Are you familiar with roadhouse 2-into-1 exhaust pipes? I have ordered some and was wondering how loud they can get. They come with removable baffles.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts